• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Labor negotiations 85% complete...

SorthNarolina

All of the recent progress in negotiations was made without lawyers present during mediation. With the lawyers back, i wouldn't expect this thing to happen to quickly. Without lawyers it is a little easier to discuss what is best for the NFL as a whole. The lawyers are hired to strictly do what is in the best interest of their clients regardless of the reprocussions it may have on the future of the NFL.

All of the recent progress in negotiations was made without lawyers present during mediation. With the lawyers back, i wouldn't expect this thing to happen to quickly. Without lawyers it is a little easier to discuss what is best for the NFL as a whole. The lawyers are hired to strictly do what is in the best interest of their clients regardless of the reprocussions it may have on the future of the NFL.

Scorpion_Dancing_by_Methados.gif

Liz Mullen of the Sports Business Journal cautions not to get "carried away by the hype" of an impending labor agreement this week.

Profootballtalk is hearing the same, suggesting that Tuesday's run-away hope and optimism are "not fully warranted." ESPN's Adam Schefter reports lawyers nearly "blew up the process" on Tuesday before NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith ordered them to "stand down." Per Schefter, there is still plenty of optimism over the talks, but a deal isn't nearly as close as Tuesday's reports suggested. Early-to-mid July is more realistic.

adsf

Ain't that the truth. I have to sit on ethics and arbitration panels several times year and every time there are lawyers involved the hearings take 3 times longer than if it's just the 2 parties.

They can't help themselves.

Hey, great news guys!!! I just paid the 3rd installment on my season tickets today thanks to the new Panthers payment plan they offered because they care about my financial well being during this lockout!!!!! That's a sign that a deal is almost done!!!

:( No, it's not.

Archived