• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I made an Excel workbook comparing rookie QB's

Brokenbad

That's nothing near what I did.

It is all my own work.

I did use NFL.com as a reference.

Easy to pass judgement when they didn't do any of the work. Not a big fan of the spreadsheet, BUT I can recognize that you put time and work into it... That my friend is pi and swag worthy!

which is the most important plus JF showed flashes

In judgement...think you have to factor in coaching....and reports that Clausen got very little help from coaching staff.Fox either wanted this team to fail or he has no competence in coaching young talent. Clausen did not have a chance. Not saying he is great, but tough to evaluate given the circumstances.

In judgement...think you have to factor in coaching....and reports that Clausen got very little help from coaching staff.Fox either wanted this team to fail or he has no competence in coaching young talent. Clausen did not have a chance. Not saying he is great, but tough to evaluate given the circumstances.

im not buying that whole coaching or not argument, at some point during the season that talent would have showed. the more i think about fox the more i lose respect for him.

All of this and more will be covered in the Word report. :)

im not buying that whole coaching or not argument, at some point during the season that talent would have showed. the more i think about fox the more i lose respect for him.

I think you contradict yourself.

I too was disappointed in Foxy. Knew he was not a very good coach....did not expect what we got from him last year.

Clausen was not free to take off on his own. Better coaching/play calling and he would have been better. Not saying great.

I too was disappointed in Foxy. Knew he was not a very good coach....did not expect what we got from him last year.

Clausen was not free to take off on his own. Better coaching/play calling and he would have been better. Not saying great.

Colt Mccoy was under Eric Mangini who is was an awful coach, and still put up better numbers than Clausen, Mccoy was very poised and didn't rush plays or panicked like Clausen did.

let me clear what i was trying to say.

bad coaching or not, jimmy made no progression last year. and if he had some sort of hidden talent than that would have showed some last season. i have been off the fox wagon for a while but him not putting his players in position to be successful defeats the whole purpose of coaching. thats why i said im losing more respect for the man. although the play calling was predictable, it was still effective to a certain point. some plays jimmy bailed earlier, threw the all away, batted ball at the LOS, WR drops etc.

so the point was even tho he might not have been coached up, he still made no pregression or showed anything that made us say hey thats our future qb.

my statement about losing respect for fox was just a general statement.

Colt Mccoy was under Eric Mangini who is was an awful coach, and still put up better number than Clausen, Mccoy was very poised and didn't rush plays or panicked like Clausen did.

Clausen never seemed to be poised, and under pressure he bust. wise man told me pressure bust pipes or make diamonds.

How do you think the other QBs would have done starting as the Carolina Panthers QB last year? Answer - no different than Clausen.

The spreadsheet shows me how little we actually attempted to throw the ball. Tough to have good numbers when you don't ever throw.

How do you think the other QBs would have done starting as the Carolina Panthers QB last year? Answer - no different than Clausen.

The spreadsheet shows me how little we actually attempted to throw the ball. Tough to have good numbers when you don't ever throw.

You can't expect to attempt throws when you have no confidence in your QB.

Also, when did we ever have the ball to make any attempts?

Teams chewed up the clock running on our D.

Lastly, Clausen had only 13 starts, hence similarities with Freeman's stats in some areas.

Archived