• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Observer: Big Cat Happy With Offseason

Sword

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/08/2514083/big-cat-happy-with-offseason.html

Tom Sorensen interview.

Couple things I found interesting in yet another JR interview: Calling out Fox's method of coaching QB's and Armanti Edwards, calling Clausen doughboy, not wanting to think about the Panthers without him, no expectations for wins this season, just wants to play better.

Couldn't believe how candid JR was in that interview. Hopefully this will continue. I will always remember the good times with Fox, but it is evident everyone from top to bottom was glad to see him gone.

Last year must have really sucked in the locker room.

Hey Mr. Richardson you let me know if I'm pitching too fast. Yep. Just tell me where you like them Mr. Richardson. We can use a tee if you'd like. We can photoshop it out later.

Tom remember, ask exactly as we rehearsed ...

What struck me about the interview is his involvement with the team. It sounds like Marty sought his ok prior to the Olsen deal. I always thought he was more hands-off.

Also given his comments to Clausen and Goodson, it's obvious that he doesn't pull any punches when talking with the players.

Archived