• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who Do You Think Makes the Team at Receiver?

Ruff

Lafell got open, and caught the ball when he was open. Needs to concentrate better on the tighter coverages but thats my only complain. His speed im not concerned about, when he gets the ball he knows how to get upfield and he definently shows that he's comfortable running the ball after the catch. Lafell for number 2, Armanti for 3 hopefully. Not counting Naanee out but he didnt do poo this game

The reason I'm saying Naane, is because he's familiar with the offense. He knows the nuances, and he's going to help the other receivers out.

Yeah but none of that knowledge means anything if you can't produce. Based solely on tonight's game, I don't know how you can say that he'll be the best choice. If he has an edge over the other guys with his knowledge of the system, he better translate that into catches.

Anyways, the no.2 spot just based on tonight is between LaFell and Armanti imo. Armanti's not your standard no.2, but with Olsen, Smitty and Shockey, we should have plenty of intermediate options either way. No one has really stepped up though as a wideout.

If Armanti continues to play like he did tonight he will be dangerous across from Smitty.

Truthfully, from what I've seen so far (disregarding who was playing on defense) I want to see Smith, LaFell, Edwards, and Olsen out on the field - but in no particular order or at a particular time.

Seeing the way they used all of the TE's tonight as well as the personnel shifting and RBs lining up wide, I wouldn't be surprised if they went with 5 WRs and kept all 4 of the TEs. Could still go with 6 WRs and 4 TEs at the cost of a FB, especially if the 6th is a ST demon.

Kealoha the Lawnmowa will be on the team. Dude is a legit talent.

Nanee looked lost, despite being the guy who is supposed to know the offense.

Martin has never impressed me as a WR, but dude is money on ST.

I think when all is said and done, that Lafell, Edwards and Pilares will battle if out for #2-4 with Nanee taking #5. I don't see us keeping 6 now that Gettis is out.

Just my observations.

1. LaFell just didn't have his head on right tonight. He made a few mental mistakes that you would think that Pilares would be making, not LaFell. However, those are the easiest things to correct, which is why I think he should be the number two guy.

2. Naane needs to get into the game more, his route running wasn't crisp and he just looked uninterested. Needs to get off those drugs he's taking, and come to play next week if he wants to hold on to the number three spot.

3. Edwards showed great potential tonight catching the easy one's, and some of the more difficult one's. He just needs to work more on catching, then running; instead of running then catching. I saw that from him a few times in tonights game. Other than that it should be a good battler for the third spot between him and Naane.

4. Pilares looked good, and like Edwards he showed flashes. I would just like to see more plays where he works acorss the field and trys to make a play in traffic, or in the slot rather than a smoke route or just a straight post route. Other than that, the little speed demon looked really good.

5. Martin, well what can you say. I think he finally deserves to be on the roster. He played his a$$ off on every single play, wether it was on special teams or as a wide out; and I think he deserves to be on the team from what I saw tonight.

Archived