• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera should hit the brakes on picking QB

panther4life

I think Jimmy did more with less this week and was a smidge better last week. He's gained some confidence and there's no harm in letting Cam sit and continue to learn.

I'm not for or against either QB here, I didn't want to draft either of them, but I do want to win now- but moreso long term and I think Cam sitting right now acheives that.

Disagree, Cam at worst is not a liability and he's the QB of the future so you might as well let him play his way into the job.

The fact that he is the QB of the future is exactly why you don't rush him. You run the risk of ruining a player by putting him in as a rookie too early.

The moment his footwork is brought up to NFL caliber we insert him, but putting him in before that can make it worse.

Back to reality. Jimmy should start. He has at least converted a couple of third down.,

Against the third/fourth team. You can't compare it. I'm not sold on who should be the first week starter yet, I'm leaning towards Cam because its the inevitable and I feel like he has a bigger upside in the long run. But tonight game makes me want to start Anderson. I trust in whatever Riv is going to do he's seen more and knows more than any of us do.

He isn't even going to have much to go on from this game as far as the QB play goes, we barely ran any plays on offense.

What he should be doing is looking for a DT because the guys we trot out and name starters would be 3rd string type of players on most other rosters.

Archived