• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam is not ready

The Saltman

Your post proves my fuging point. Some people on here expect Cam to be Tom fuging Brady. Why? Why expect a rookie to be flawless (or damn near)? Cam did his job. Drop back in the middle of the pocket. When you have your eyes down field and 3 of your OLinemen are being shoved into your lap right about the time you have to make a decision, as a rookie, it isn't going to be good. I'm certain Tom Brady would have danced in the pocket as well. But we don't have Tom fuging Brady. We have a talented rookie who is still learning a new system (as is everybody) and adjusting to the NFL in a shortened off-season.

No they really don't.

Some people have built hi up to be as good as him though, which is part of the problem on here.

No they really don't.

Some people have built hi up to be as good as him though, which is part of the problem on here.

Which still leads to the issue of people not being objective from the get-go. Even after watching every Auburn game last year and knowing we would take him in the weeks leading up to the draft, I knew he wasn't going to be a pro-bowler for a little while. He's got to get acclimated. I expected about what I am seeing.

Regardless of the hype any player gets, if you let that hype override your own objective opinion and expectations you are a fuging moron.

Which still leads to the issue of people not being objective from the get-go. Even after watching every Auburn game last year and knowing we would take him in the weeks leading up to the draft, I knew he wasn't going to be a pro-bowler for a little while. He's got to get acclimated. I expected about what I am seeing.

Regardless of the hype any player gets, if you let that hype override your own objective opinion and expectations you are a fuging moron.

Exactly, hence why I don't understand the hostility to letting him sit and learn a little. It's not an indication that he doesn't have potential, but more an indication that mentally/physically/technically he would be better off working on his game without getting his head taken off.

Your post proves my fuging point. Some people on here expect Cam to be Tom fuging Brady. Why? Why expect a rookie to be flawless (or damn near)? Cam did his job. Drop back in the middle of the pocket. When you have your eyes down field and 3 of your OLinemen are being shoved into your lap right about the time you have to make a decision, as a rookie, it isn't going to be good. I'm certain Tom Brady would have danced in the pocket as well. But we don't have Tom fuging Brady. We have a talented rookie who is still learning a new system (as is everybody) and adjusting to the NFL in a shortened off-season.

That is why I say let DA start. We know what we are getting with Newton, a rookie who can't get the keys in the ignition of the offense. (Yet can ride his bike into the endzone) We know what we are getting in Clausen, who slows down at every yellow light when he could go on through. Let's see if DA can drive for a while, let the guy with the permit have a go at the wheel.

Cam didn't have a good game at all but our O-line is not helping the rookie out at all. Too many times our line is getting blown back into him and he is making rookie mistakes. Just take a look at what Dalton did, his line protected him giving him time to look around and make the right pass and they gave his RB's holes to hit and he looked like a vet out there. I also feel that Cam is trying not to be Cam which is not working. To me it looks like he is trying to prove people wrong and instead of running he tries to throw the ball to a receiver that is not open when he needs to just tuck the ball and run. There were at least 3 times last night when I yelled at the TV for him to just run and gain the 5-10 yards but instead he tries to get the ball to a receiver that is not open. Take what the defense gives you and get a few yards with your feet so we aren't facing a 2nd and 10 or a 3rd and 10 and make it a little easier to keep the drive going.

That is why I say let DA start. We know what we are getting with Newton, a rookie who can't get the keys in the ignition of the offense. (Yet can ride his bike into the endzone) We know what we are getting in Clausen, who slows down at every yellow light when he could go on through. Let's see if DA can drive for a while, let the guy with the permit have a go at the wheel.

only problem is DA is on a suspended license for driving drunk lately......hard to give the keys to someone like that. What we needed was to find Grandpa who likes to cruise 35 in a 55......but we didn't.....so no point dwelling on that.

A good running game is a rookie QB's best friend, well right now Cam ain't got his best friend.

Cam's best friend last night was himself.......makes life rough.

It sure would be ashame if we invested all that cash into Williams and have this mega backfield........and they don't do squat in the regular season b/c of the OL.

would have made putting that cash into a DT or CB make more sense.

Do you think David Carr was just a bust waiting to happen, or did the Texans coaching staff play a role in ruining him?

In most aspects of their respective personas, Newton and Carr are nothing alike. But with that said, if you think Newton is immune to being ruined by poor coaching decisions the way that Carr was, think again. Even a guy like Peyton Manning could have been turned into a bust had he been handled badly.

Developing a quarterback is the single most difficult task in the NFL. And the guys that bust generally don't do so without at least a little help.

Bottom line: We've got a big investment in Newton. I don't wanna see it screwed up.

Cam's best friend last night was himself.......makes life rough.

It sure would be ashame if we invested all that cash into Williams and have this mega backfield........and they don't do squat in the regular season b/c of the OL.

would have made putting that cash into a DT or CB make more sense.

One of Hurney's miscues in the offseason, which the fanbase legitimately have the right to complain about.

The past two weeks have been terrible from top to bottom with this team. It's almost surreal.

Do you think David Carr was just a bust waiting to happen, or did the Texans coaching staff play a role in ruining him?

In most aspects of their respective personas, Newton and Carr are nothing alike. But with that said, if you think Newton is immune to being ruined by poor coaching decisions the way that Carr was, think again. Even a guy like Peyton Manning could have been turned into a bust had he been handled badly.

Developing a quarterback is the single most difficult task in the NFL. And the guys that bust generally don't do so without at least a little help.

Bottom line: We've got a big investment in Newton. I don't wanna see it screwed up.

When Kubiak got to Texas I remember him being amazed that Carr could not go through simple reads and semed to know very little about the quarterback position. It was like he came from the spread in Houston and no one worked with him at all to trqansition so that by the time Kubiak got there he was ruined. So yeah the Texas staff had a lot to do with ruining him.

Cam won't be ruined because first of all he has gotten good coaching already, he has far superior physical skills to Carr, and he is much tougher mentally than Carr. As for your suposition that Manning could have been ruined with poor coaching, I am not so sure. He worked hard enough and was so dedicated to getting better I really think that he would have been immune somewhat to a bad coach. With the pedigree and knowledge he had from his father who was a QB in the NFL, I doubt he would have been ruined.

Bottom line is most guys who bust have issues like lack of work ethic, fragile personalities, unwillingness to do what it takes to get better, or poor physical skills. There is litle chance we will screw it up and all these proclamations of doom if he starts are really overblown and chicken little logic.

Blaming to O-line is a cop out. Not saying he had all day out there but Cam needs to get rid of the ball.

Peyton Manning could play with a middle school 0-line and come out without a stain on his jersey.

It isn't a cop out if this has been going on for 3 games now. Right now, it just sucks to watch. In a couple weeks, it will matter. I'd rather the OL not suck when it matters.

And, again, Peyton Manning is a fuging lock for the HoF. Comparing Cam in any aspect to anybody outside of a rookie QB is fuging retarded.

Archived