• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blaine "Chicken Scratch" Gabbert

Vagrant

Perhaps I should have been more specific. I thought it was hilarious that, as :16 were on the clock at the start of the play, that Gabbert did the chicken dance waiting for the snap to come to him. Lifting his leg and scratching at the dirt no less than eight times, costing him about :10 of play time, when he would have had time for 2 downs had he not done it.

For a rookie in awful conditions I thought he played pretty darn well given the various calls etc he had to face.

I think Cam did as well, but it's just that Cam's previous games make us think he played horrible.

Vagrant, I think you're confused - that was on the center. Gabbert was calling for the snap but the center didn't realize the clock was running so he didn't snap it. It should never have happened anyway, the clock should have been reset to where it was when the catch was made, then let it run, instead of running from where the replay crew decided to call a replay of it.

For a rookie in awful conditions I thought he played pretty darn well given the various calls etc he had to face.

I think Cam did as well, but it's just that Cam's previous games make us think he played horrible.

Vagrant, I think you're confused - that was on the center. Gabbert was calling for the snap but the center didn't realize the clock was running so he didn't snap it. It should never have happened anyway, the clock should have been reset to where it was when the catch was made, then let it run, instead of running from where the replay crew decided to call a replay of it.

I think the weather actually helped Gabbert. It slowed down the pass rush an allowed there Run game to be more effective. Im not real sure what happened to Cam but it may have just been a bad game or the Rookie wall catching up.

Archived