• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

dan marino worried about single season record falling...

rayzor

In 1984, Dan Marino passed for an NFL-record 5,084 yards. No one has equaled that mark since, but Marino thinks this may be the year — and he thinks it may be the year that more than one quarterback breaks his record.

“That’s definitely in jeopardy,” Marino said of his record, on the Dan Patrick Show. “You figure eventually someone’s going to get it, but there’s like four or five guys now who are on pace.”

Actually, six quarterbacks are currently on pace to break Marino’s record: Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers and Tony Romo. Brady leads the way with a ridiculous 1,553 yards through four games, which puts him on pace to shatter Marino’s record and finish the season with 6,212 yards.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/07/dan-marino-four-or-five-guys-could-break-yardage-record/

bound to happen. it's still funny to me that our QB is one of the guys listed as a potential for breaking the record.

310 yards a game the rest of the year will get newton over marino's record.

I believe defenses will catch up and numbers will at least ease back as the season progresses.

To who....Cam???? if so, I dunno...this dude presents some real challenges to any defense e.g. running and passing ability + pure athleticsm + size..... and then factor in the case that he does not really yet have a grasp of the offense (D-wills assessment on his monday nite program)=....scary

Archived