• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

panthers schedule doesn't look as tough anymore...

rayzor

we came into the season with supposedly the hardest schedule in the league but after the first few weeks watching other teams, it looked like the 2nd half wasn't going to be as bad as we thought. after these last couple weeks, though, i'm liking the rest of the schedule.

i saw this on cat scratch reader and it seems i'm not the only one thinking it.

Prior to the start of the season the Panthers were determined to have the hardest Strength of Schedule in the NFL. Now that we've played the first seven weeks of the season it would appear the schedule is not quite as hard as we thought it would be. Through 7 games the Panthers opponents are 22-18, a 55% winning percentage but it only gets easier from here. The Panthers 9 remaining opponents have a 30-31 record (49%).

Part of the decline in strength is due to the slow start by the NFC South. Both the Falcons & Bucs stand at 4-3, a win total short of expectations for sure. The 5-2 Saints are the only over achiever in the bunch.

The Panthers also benefit from several teams that have taken nose dives in 2011: Vikings (1-5), Colts (0-6) & Titans (3-3). That leaves the Panthers toughest remaining games outside the NFC South against the Lions (5-2) and Texans (4-3). After starting the season 5-0 the Lions have lost two in a row and thew Texans are without All Pro WR Andre Johnson. So it would appear the Panthers have a good shot in both of those games.

http://www.derp/2011/10/24/2511327/panthers-schedule-now-turns-favorable

fwiw...andre johnson is supposed to be back before then. he was only supposed to be out 6 weeks. doesn't look like they are hurting too much without him either. they could be the toughest team we face the rest of the way.

rest of the schedule:

vikings

bye week

titans

@lions

@colts

@bucs

falcons

@texans

bucs

@saints

i don't see any team that will blow us out. there isn't a team that we play that we can't beat. sure, like i said, the texans are looking scary to me, but beyond that...falcons beat the lions in detroit. pretty sure we can pull that off as well. falcons are coming back here and they barely escaped with a win while we were in their house. vikes and the titans in charlotte? yeah, i think we can pull that off. colts this year? well beat them anywhere. the saints will probably be resting their starters or at least most of them. very little reason why we shouldn't pull that off. a win is a win. i don't care how it comes. i'm not impressed with the bucs and i think we might actually be able to sweep them.

9 games left this season. if we get some things tightened up on defense over the bye week, i feel like we can pull off at least 5 wins and maybe even come out with 7 out of them.

9 games left this season. if we get some things tightened up on defense over the bye week, i feel like we can pull off at least 5 wins and maybe even come out with 7 out of them.

If the latter is true, that would mean we're on the fringe of the playoff picture. I think we'll have at least one 9-7 team in the playoffs, possibly 2.

I see possibly 5 wins in row with the win we just had plus the Vikes, Titans, Lions, and Colts. The Vikes we have to not let AD run for 300 yards and the same with the Titans, we have to make their QB's beat us which I don't think they can. The Lions have not looked good the past 2 weeks and who knows about Stafford and his injury problems. We just can't lay an egg and let the Colts beat us.

I see possibly 5 wins in row with the win we just had plus the Vikes, Titans, Lions, and Colts. The Vikes we have to not let AD run for 300 yards and the same with the Titans, we have to make their QB's beat us which I don't think they can. The Lions have not looked good the past 2 weeks and who knows about Stafford and his injury problems. We just can't lay an egg and let the Colts beat us.

As much as I love my team; I only see 4 problems: 1) Peterson 2) Johnson 3) Best 4) Addai

As much as I love my team; I only see 4 problems: 1) Peterson 2) Johnson 3) Best 4) Addai

1. Yes, I am scared shitless of what he will do to us.

2. 2.9 ypc, 44.7 yds/game.

3. May not play the rest of the season.

4. Really? You're scared of Addai???

The rest of our schedule is much more favorable than the first half. I'm not ready to predict 5 in a row or playoffs, but finishing .500 is not out of the question by any means.

If the latter is true, that would mean we're on the fringe of the playoff picture. I think we'll have at least one 9-7 team in the playoffs, possibly 2.
the biggest competition for wildcard spots are going to be the lions, falcons, bears, and maybe the cowboys (though that's a stretch). we might be able to pull it off, though. i'd be happy with a winning season, though.
if the Panthers play the rest of the season they way they did yesterday minus the penalties, we can sweep the rest of the schedule.
agreed. very likely, imo. the penalties became less frequent in the second half and hopefully they will tighten some things up there. you could say that penalties cost us the game against the falcons.
Titans will be tough, and it seems the Falcons have gotten their groove back.
if we were playing in tenn, i would probably say they win the game. the two teams are pretty well matched up, imo. one of those games that homefield advantage decided it.re: falcons getting their groove back, i think we are just now finding ours. our groove>>>>>>falcons groove. swag matters.
Judging by the way the Lions have being acting of late, the Panthers may have to walk with some boxing gloves when the visit them. They don't seem to handle losing very well...WOW
lions will probably be the most brutal. suh scares me more than anything. we need a few well placed cut blocks on that guy. he's just mean.

Archived