• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phantom holding call

Car123

Probably was holding, don't have the angles, play to say otherwise really. But I stand by this... SOME teams in the NFL, that late in the game. Game on the line, get that call. Dude really wouldn't have made an impact on the play anyway (from what i saw, again I don't have the play or angles)

But it is what it is. That, along with the numerous other fug ups we had, hurt badly.

It was partial holding, of which almost 95% of all other top-ranked NFL receivers would have not been called on for. I honestly can't see the Packers receivers getting a holding call for it... can you? (Btw.. fug Jamie Dukes. That fat-ass dumb Falcon motherfuger was almost singing in glee when he announced the holding call in question on that broadcast... supposed to be unbiased as a sportscaster, not a cheerleader for his former team).

Still can't believe that bear hug wasn't called... I don't mind ticky-tack calls or lack of penalties and letting the guys just play, either way is fine to me -as long as you call it fairly on both sides. This lop-sided poo is getting on my nerves.

PS - Jamie Dukes sucks, that is all.

"hold on now there young fella what do you think you're doing? You can't mess up the lines!!!"

They're trying to slow them down obviously. Take away the real B.S. calls and 5-3, 6-2 and have beaten really good teams all while a rookie makes the pro game look easy.

:(

"hold on now there young fella what do you think you're doing? You can't mess up the lines!!!"

They're trying to slow them down obviously. Take away the real B.S. calls and we're 5-3, 6-2 and have beaten really good teams all while a rookie makes the pro game look easy.

You must be thinking of a different play, because no one went to the ground. Smitty put his hands on him for all of a second, then both players released and ran toward where the play was happening to get involved.

Might have been the Nannee one or something from a few games ago. Thanks for pointing that out. Sucks I can't re-watch games. I used to tape all of the games even on VHS back in the days of 2005.

There was def some kind of play where the refs threw a flag for holding just because the players went to the ground. Kneejerk reaction that was a very unfortunate call.

Might have been the Nannee one or something from a few games ago. Thanks for pointing that out. Sucks I can't re-watch games. I used to tape all of the games even on VHS back in the days of 2005.

There was def some kind of play where the refs threw a flag for holding just because the players went to the ground. Kneejerk reaction that was a very unfortunate call.

That might have been what happened with Shockey against the Bears, he fingerbrushed the safety (i think it was) and the guy fell down and Shockey got his TD called back.

If you can spare the $20 or 30 for NFL Rewind on NFL.com, it's outstanding. Should be discounted now that the season is half over.

Archived