• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Penn State...what did Paterno know?

g5jamz

The whole thing is sick as f**k, and everyone needs to go. I don't believe for one second that Paterno is clean from all of this. How do you not go to cops, the least you can do is make sure someone does.

Yes, sad and disappointing. I am sure PA law is like most states....it does not say that you must report and suspicion of child abuse to your boss...but to the authorities...DSS and/or law enforcement.

OSU enabled this guy for years. Disgusting. Why...was he making money for the University? Hope everyone involved for letting this go on gets appropriate consequences. It is sad if it touches Paterno but does not sound good for him. He should have done more. Makes him partly responsible for any abuse that followed.

This is a landmark case. Great potential for protecting children. We are all responsible....a lesson everyone needs. More importantly...every child needs for all adults to learn

Paterno admitted he knew about it, and there's a Federal indictment just handed down after a four year investigation. What exactly do you think is going to be the end-game here? It's all a big misunderstanding?

Get your facts straight.

Paterno was told about an incident AFTER Sandusky was already gone from Penn State. He forwarded the information to the AD.

Should he have reported it to the police? Probably yes. But, he did report it.

To say that he covered anything up is ridiculous and totally inaccurate....based on the information that has been made public.

Now, my comments are based on the fact that there is no other evidence that Paterno knew anything. If (and that is a big if) he knew of this situation earlier and looked the other way.....then he should burn in hell for it.

Get your facts straight.

Paterno was told about an incident AFTER Sandusky was already gone from Penn State. He forwarded the information to the AD.

To say that he covered anything up is ridiculous and totally inaccurate....based on the information that has been made public.

Now, my comments are based on the fact that there is no other evidence that Paterno knew anything. If (and that is a big if) he knew of this situation earlier and looked the other way.....then he should burn in hell for it.

Agreed. Assuming he didn't know about it prior, Paterno did what he was obligated to do. He probably should have done more, but most of the blame gets laid at the feet of the AD. Well, along with the guilty party (assuming he is guilty which hasn't actually been proven yet).

Get your facts straight.

"Probably yes?" You're lying to yourself. YOUR PROGRAM DIRECTLY AND KNOWINGLY FUNNELED CHILD SEX VICTIMS TO THE #2 COACH for over a decade. Jesus you're a homer.

And your timeline is wrong too. Sandusky has never been "gone from Penn State." The motherfvcker was there LAST WEEK lifting weights. He was wearing a PSU jacket today in his home interview. He's been involved with and around the program well after Joe was told of the incident A DECADE AGO. The more that comes out about this story the more it points to a massive cover-up throughout that entire program. JoePa knew this guy was diddling kids. Knew it. That's why he sat Sandusky down and told him he was not going to be his successor. That's why they parted ways. Clearly they don't fire coaches just for being old in Happy Valley.

Which is another thing. It makes total sense JoePa would want to cover this up. PSU has taken a backseat to his own quest for personal glory since the early 90s. No one is good at anything at 85, much less coaching football and running a program. It's never been about the program; it's always been about Joe, and anything that got in his way needed to be dealt with in whatever fashion was least impactful on him directly. Getting involved in this for JoePa would have been a distraction on the way to 409 (don't think that the timing of this announcement wasn't another coincidence).

JoePa is a sad old man, and it's fitting that his selfishness is going to ruin an entire life's worth of work. He enabled child rape, pure and simple, and I will make sure that's what he's remembered for whenever I'm given the chance.

Archived