• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Syracuse...What did Boeheim know??

Dpantherman

Seriously, I shutter to think how many more of these we are going to hear about in the coming weeks/months

Syracuse police say they are investigating an allegation that Syracuse University assistant basketball coach Bernie Fine molested a team ball boy for more than a dozen years beginning in the mid-1980s.

Police stressed to Outside The Lines they are in the early stages of the investigation.

ncb_g_fine_mb_65.jpg

Fine

The alleged victim, Bobby Davis, now 39, told Outside the Lines that Fine molested him beginning in 1983 shortly before Davis entered the seventh grade. Davis, the team's ball boy for six years beginning in 1984, said the abuse occurred at Fine's home, at the Syracuse basketball facilities, and on road trips, including the 1987 Final Four.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7248184/syracuse-police-investigating-bernie-fine-molesting-boy-1980s7

I just don't even...

My encounter with a perv: I was about 11 maybe 12, I was going to the theater at Columbia Mall, walking through the parking lot and a Freddy Mercury looking guy (he did look like him) came up to me and asked if I would like a blow job. I didn't know what he was talking about, I thought he wanted to do my hair...srsly. :( anyway I said no and he took that answer but as I got far enough away from him I yelled at him "fine young male!" I didn't know really. Later after the movie I went to where my Mother worked in the mall and asked her what a blow job was...Mall security and the police were called, never found him.

I just don't even...

My encounter with a perv: I was about 11 maybe 12, I was going to the theater at Columbia Mall, walking through the parking lot and a Freddy Mercury looking guy (he did look like him) came up to me and asked if I would like a blow job. I didn't know what he was talking about, I thought he wanted to do my hair...srsly. :( anyway I said no and he took that answer but as I got far enough away from him I yelled at him "fine young male!" I didn't know really. Later after the movie I went to where my Mother worked in the mall and asked her what a blow job was...Mall security and the police were called, never found him.

O_o

I'm pretty sure my little sister's principal was one when she was in first grade. He kept stroking my arm and calling me a fine looking boy. I asked my mom if that was normal and she said no and we never went inside (or at least I didn't) to pick up my sister again.

Having just put that story into words, I shudder to think how those kids felt about Sandusky.

Since northern people are always first to jump on any racism story involving the South, why is it all these Chester stories take place up north/east?

Ok I live in Syracuse and have been up to date on this story with all the local websites and what not. Trying to not be biased and what not. Story doesn't really add up. No one would book them in the same hotel room for away games, no one would allow them to leave together on recruiting trips, why would they allow a 7th grader to leave school for recuiting trips with a coach? How would no one in the hotel see anything when every college has strict lock down policies? Why did a YOUNG MAN allow a fat older man to abuse him when he as in his mid to late 20s? Syracuse launched an investigation into this matter in 2005 and every key supporter and witness this guy said he had did not support his claim.

However all allegations of this matter need to be taken seriously. A few things many of you may not know about Syracuse/this case. Fines always been a bit weird. The Syracuse police chief at the time the initial investigation was launched was a former syracuse graduate and boeheim player in the 70s. That too me is the only thing that lends this credence for some type of cover up.

Lets wait for more to come out,

I gotta agree with HoF, this definitely needs to be investigated to the fullest extent, but a lot of the details of this case just don't add up.

If true, Fines is sick mother fuger who will deserve everything he gets in prison with a pedo tag, but the timing and details of this story just seem a little fishy.

And if this ball boy is lying, he deserves just as much punishment as Fines would get if guilty. Falsely accusing someone of a crime like this is almost as bad as the crime itself. Even if found innocent, the accused will never be able to live down that stigma.

Archived