• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone know the cap hit if we waive d-will at season's end?

thunderraiden

DWill contract is really a 2 year deal. If we cut him after 2 years, we will have "0" cap hit. This is when JStew contract is up. Hurney did a good job, we will cut DWill when he's 30 and resign JStew to a long term deal. If we cut DWill after this year, we will have about $15 millions in dead money.

Wow, if true then I think it's definitely worth keeping him around an additional year. I just really hope we lock up Stewart. I think he's got some great years ahead of him.

DWill contract is really a 2 year deal. If we cut him after 2 years, we will have "0" cap hit. This is when JStew contract is up. Hurney did a good job, we will cut DWill when he's 30 and resign JStew to a long term deal. If we cut DWill after this year, we will have about $15 millions in dead money.

If that's the case then Hurney definitely covered his tracks with Stewart's impeding contract.

It's getting a little old seeing Stew make a good gain of 8 yards or more and then they run Williams on the next play for a 5 yard loss. Why is Stewart not starting?

r u dilusional much?!

Actual NFL stats (without emotion):

D-Will: 8th in league in YPC (4.8); 398 total rush yards; TDs 1; fumbles 0

Stewart: 13th in league in YPC (4.7); 350 total rush yards; TDs 2; fumbles 1

I think we have 2 awesome backs & I love them both, but seriously?!

I think you need to be complaining about OL blocking schemes & play calling instead of pointing the finger at D-Will. He is a class act.

Where the hell do you get this? His signing bonus is prorated over 5 years, if we cut him after 2 we still have 3/5 of his signing bonus to deal with as a cap hit. That's 9.6 million.

If we cut him after 2 years, we will have "0" cap hit. .

Absolutely NOT possible. He got a $16 million dollar signing bonus this year. It is prorated over the 5 year term of the deal basically hitting the cap for $3.2 million dollars each year. If we cut him after 2 years, we still will have to account for $9.6 million dollars against our cap. I doubt the rest of the league is willing to give us an "oh nevermind" on that.

r u dilusional much?!

Actual NFL stats (without emotion):

D-Will: 8th in league in YPC (4.8); 398 total rush yards; TDs 1; fumbles 0

Stewart: 13th in league in YPC (4.7); 350 total rush yards; TDs 2; fumbles 1

I think we have 2 awesome backs & I love them both, but seriously?!

I think you need to be complaining about OL blocking schemes & play calling instead of pointing the finger at D-Will. He is a class act.

There's more to playing the running back position than just carrying the ball.

Will never happen if Hurney is still in charge.

That said, he made a huge tactical error, and he is going to have to live with it.

rewarding the best running back in franchise history, is an error?

If it wasn't for all the cba crap, williams would have been extended 2 years ago....AND everyone would be singing hurney's praises.

Cause they waited until after the new cba was implace, he's now an overpaid, over rated back.

Gotcha.

lol pantherclaw makes the worst arguments on this board besides PFFL's 18 accounts

good job D Will. you carved out a better rushing career here than Anthony Johnson, Tim Biakabutuka, DeShaun Foster, and Stephen Davis, the latter of which had one very good seasonal performance before struggling with injuries because you were in your 30s already. Here's a huge fuging contract we know you won't be able to fulfill because you managed to be the first panthers running back to rush for over 1000 yards in 2 seasons.

Guys I think the YPC's speak for themselves. Dwill and Stewy...there is no better back they are pretty damn equal. But, being such different runners, schemes will usually benefit one or the other. Rivera just needs to figure out how to take advantage of them both, that's all.

I am not sure we could have two contracts like Dwills at the RB position and I think it will be a matter of Dwill redoing poo for stewy to get his if we plant to keep them both. Not sure whay it matters its a little less than two years from now. We need to win now while we can have both is what we need to do.

Archived