• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who was your Jay Cutler?

Ashor

Since I live in Chicago, these Bears fans were just ecstatic about getting Jay Cutler and I thought to myself, what great player did we acquire that had me going crazy over? In essence, my Jay Cutler to the Panthers was probably Dwayne Jarrett. I can't remember a single moment that I was more excited about than getting Dwayne Jarrett in the draft.

Since I live in Chicago, these Bears fans were just ecstatic about getting Jay Cutler and I thought to myself, what great player did we acquire that had me going crazy over? In essence, my Jay Cutler to the Panthers was probably Dwayne Jarrett. I can't remember a single moment that I was more excited about than getting Dwayne Jarrett in the draft.

wow. i didn't feel that way towards him. I thought it was a bad choice at the time and thought we'd go with someone with some more speed and w/o the USC links. but to each his own, i guess.

i was extremely excited when we got d-will. i actually called that pick, but i didn't believe he would fall so far. i was estatic

I picked DeAngelo Williams serving as the Panthers GM for Chris Spielman's radio Mock Draft Party that year, and was thrilled when we actually got him.

(couple of people online told me I should have gone with LenDale White)

good call. in retrospect, how glad are we that we didn't take Lendale White?

I remember some excitement when Reggie White was signed. Yes, he was obviously in decline at that point in his career, but itwas hoped by many that he would instill some 'tude in the defense, and teach some of the younger players on both the O and D lines...

On the other hand, when Sean Gilbert came here, it was (for me anyways) a huge disappointment. Anyone who can say, with a straight face, that he held out for an additonal $500 k because God told him to (which is what he did say about his 'Skin days) just dosn't come across as the kind of guy I can believe in to stem the other guys running attack!

Archived