• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney reflects on this season - and next

AntiBuc

This management and ownership will not be here for much longer. I wish them the best, there is no need to bash them or get angry. We will get a chance to see just how well or if another management/ownership will benefit the team soon enough.

I'm really not sure what you guys are expecting out of this interview. He can't really give any information away until after the draft/free agency because contract situations and draft picks can be a delicate situation, and you don't want to telegraph what you are going to do.

in other words

SMOKESCREEN

fans expectation from Hurney: "yeah Joe, we plan on bringing in 15 FA's... we already put all our draft picks on the table.. first come, first serve!"

what else did you expect to hear? y'alls hate is more than obvious.. give it up. Hurney is a good GM.

Everything he says gets dissected by fans, media, players, competitors, etc. What exactly do you think he is going to say with the season stil going on. He can't discuss specific plans until after the season is over and would be a fool to give other team's a heads up on what we are doing. Going into specifics at this point would be totally stupid and despite what some folks on here think, he is not stupid.

This management and ownership will not be here for much longer. I wish them the best, there is no need to bash them or get angry. We will get a chance to see just how well or if another management/ownership will benefit the team soon enough.
Not sure what this means...what is indicating that we are about to have new ownership and management? Are you talking about, say, a decade from now? Maybe a GM change within the next couple of years if everything goes to poo, but the ownership and new president aren't going anywhere.

Archived