• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jay Gruden Favorite To Win Job In Jacksonville

Cat'sGrowl

per Albert Breer on Twitter, though you'll have to take my word for it because I can't link it. This is good news, but obviously isn't official.

You should be hoping and praying that Houston wins this weekend, I'd say a big obstacle to this getting done would be Cincy making a playoff run and Jacksonville running out of patience waiting for their guy. Send Cincy home early, and they can tie things up early and we are one step closer to holding on to our brilliant OC.

NFL Network's Albert Breer has heard "continually" that Bengals OC Jay Gruden is the favorite to be the Jaguars' next head coach.

Jacksonville has targeted almost strictly offensive coordinators in its coaching search. Jon's younger brother, Jay Gruden has earned a reputation for tutoring young quarterbacks via his work with Andy Dalton. Gruden cannot interview for the Jaguars' gig until after Saturday's game against Houston, at soonest, but it sounds like the sides have already been in conversations. Gruden would implement a "horizontal" West Coast offense after Blaine Gabbert played his first year in Dirk Koetter's (theoretically) vertical-based scheme.

ROTOWORLD

Archived