• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A cool day at the Senior Bowl.

Cat'sGrowl

Was gonna put this in the other thread, but wasn't able to fit it in. So I'll share some cool things that happened today with you guys here.

The Panthers were very well represented today, and there were far more of our Panthers than there were any other team. It was nice to get a little taste of home. Felt like being in Spartanburg for TC, being surrounded by Panthers. I was concerned all those Panthers reps would think I was only a fan because of Cam-which wasn't helped by the fact I absent-mindedly wore my Superman shirt today. So I had to wear my sweater type thing all day, even though it was humid enough for a fish to feel comfortable. I'm not weird.

Mike Craft was there, and we talked for a few minutes about how much progress the panthers website has made the past few years, and how the plan is for it to continue getting better. He was a nice guy. I'm also pretty sure we are the only team that brought our website guys. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Joe Person or a guy who looked just like him was there for the second straight year, and for the second straight year, that guy acted like a total douche. Everytime he sees someone with Panthers apparel that isn't affiliated with the organization, he does this weird thing where he looks away and hides himself and acts like he's invisible or something. Look Joe, you're a stupid reporter. I don't wanna talk to you. Especially if you are the douche bag you come across to be.

Ricky Proehl was there, and I stood about ten feet away from him most of practice. That was a really cool thing for me. He was a hero of mine growing up, so that was awesome.

Sean McDermott was there, and I didn't have to see him up close to know it was him. His shiny head glimmers even on the most overcast of days. He also had ugly shoes on.

Marty Hurney was there, and had a really ugly hat on. I didn't talk to him, which I kind of regret, because I've spoken to him before and even if he's a tad socially awkward (so are most of you guys), he's a really nice guy who actually enjoys talking football with you, whereas most "pro's" don't. Hurney loves this team and the fanbase a lot, so I hope to catch him later this week.

I don't think he knew I recognized him though...because I kind of ignored him because I was talking to...

Ron Rivera! It was very cool getting to meet Coach Rivera. I shook his hand and told him I was thankful for what he's done so far and was excited for the future. The guy is huge. I was astounded. He comes across as, well, almost a goober on tv interviews. He certainly didn't come across that way in real life. He's a big, physical presence who draws the attention of those around him. I would have noticed him even if I didn't know who he was-he simply draws that kind of attention in a crowd. He isn't fat-he's just big. Real big. I'm 6'0" plus and he dwarfed me. I now don't know who I'd bet my money on in a cage fight between Ron and Cam. It's easy to see why he commands the respect of his players-you just don't have a choice when you're dealing with a man like that. He'll beat the crap out of you if you don't. He is, for the record, a nice guy.

Also got to see many other NFL coaches and such today, including Jim Mora, whom I had to resist saying aloud "PlAYoFFz?!?" (kidding) as he passed. If you guys ever get a chance to go, I challenge you to do so. It's a great experience, and all the NFL guys typically go with the expectancy of meeting and getting to know to the fans. It's a fun thing that allows you to peek into the world of NFL scouting.

One more thing. Watching Mike Singletary coach is hilarious. He will not hesitate to chew someone out for being an idiot. LaVonte David was doing a drill, screwed up, and got chewed out by Singletary before having to do it again-the next man up then did the drill, made the same mistake, and watching Singletary's reaction along with the ensuing chew-out was hysterical. One of the highlights of the day.

If I had access to Rivera and Hurney, it would be very hard for me to not give them my opinion on which players I think we should draft.. and I would probably look like a total ignorant D-bag in the process. At the very least figure out which position's or players they are watching.. if they are willing to give that type of info at the beginning stage.

Awesome read up! I love that the majority of our coaching staff is there. Rivera and co. know how to scout players - so you know we'll make the most of this draft. That said, I agree that Panthers.com has taken some leaps forward too. Mike Craft is one of the nicest guys out there. He'll talk to you for a half hour even if he does not know you.

Archived