• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think Bills is a player for JP now

posthumecaver

I would just like to get into the first round in exchange for Peppers. I think people have to realize that we aren't going to get a phenomenal deal by trading Peppers. Mainly because he brought his trade value way down with his demands.

If I am not mistaken, the Bills main defensive set is the 4-3. If that's the case, Pep will never go for it. Why would he leave Carolina to go play for Buffalo? Carolina probably offers a better chance to win a championship and more money, has better weather, and is Pep's true home.

If Pep would go there (which I don't think he would so it's a pipe dream)I might swap Pep for Aaron Schobel and a 2nd round pick & another pick (but not a first, wouldn't need the first IMO). Maybe their third.

I know it would be a risk though because Schobel missed a lot of time last year and is a tad bit older. I also don't remember what his injury is and that could be a deal breaker before anything else is considered. I would also want to see what his contract looks like. But the guy has a helluva motor and has been pretty productive on some not so great defenses. And it would give the Cats a guy at the same position who could step right in. Even if they get 2-3 years out of Schoebel, I'm not so sure it isn't better than having a guy on the team who is talented, doesn't want to be there, and feels he hasn't reached his potential. AND will be getting paid MAJOR, MAJOR coin.

I think Peppers will go to NE or nowhere. All this talk about potential, blah, blah - he wants a ring and after the SB loss in 05 and this most recent playoff game he doesn't feel like he's gonna get one here.

If Peppers can't get himself on a team with immediate championship prospects I think he'll settle back in here and wait until next year...

If I am not mistaken, the Bills main defensive set is the 4-3. If that's the case, Pep will never go for it. Why would he leave Carolina to go play for Buffalo? Carolina probably offers a better chance to win a championship and more money, has better weather, and is Pep's true home.

Nah, TO puts any team over the top, just ask Jerry Jones.

I think any team with reasonable playoff hopes and even a single first rounder is a potential trade partner. The whole "I will only play for 4 teams" and "I will only play in a 3-4" were just PR stunts manufactured by Pep's idiot agent trying to get Carolina to let him walk and hit FA. After that didn't work, those demands quickly stopped.

i thnk a 1st, 2nd, and third is a bit of a stretch. i doubt we would get more than just the first maybe the 28th and 75th, or just the 11th IMO

Eh, Jarred Allen got a first and 2 3rds and he had a history of DUIs. From what I've seen, Peppers is rated at around the same level of Allen. A 1st, 2nd and 3rd doesn't seem like a stretch to me, actually that's just about right.

Archived