• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lawn Care Service in Charlotte: Who do you use?

Cat

I'm getting ready to shop for someone to make our grass green, mow it weekly and get rid of all the ants and pest.

Any recommendations?

I sold for tru green chemlawn when I was in college. They seemed to do a good job at the keeping it green part. They also had a product to get rid of fireants that was supposedly like the best poo ever. Them and Scott's specialize on the keeping it nice looking,killing weeds,and ant's portion, they won't however mow it for you tho and if they did would probably charge too much.

Mexicans are best for the weekly mowing, but if your too much of a patriot for that then hire a neighborhood kid. If your worried about him being unreliable just wear a low cut shirt everytime he comes by (rumor on here is your hot, so that should work).

I sold for tru green chemlawn when I was in college. They seemed to do a good job at the keeping it green part. They also had a product to get rid of fireants that was supposedly like the best poo ever. Them and Scott's specialize on the keeping it nice looking,killing weeds,and ant's portion, they won't however mow it for you tho and if they did would probably charge too much.

Mexicans are best for the weekly mowing, but if your too much of a patriot for that then hire a neighborhood kid. If your worried about him being unreliable just wear a low cut shirt everytime he comes by (rumor on here is your hot, so that should work).

How much $$ does scott/trugreen charge, roughly?

I can mow, I hate doing everything else. Especially trying to fight off the bermuda grass and dandelions.

How much $$ does scott/trugreen charge, roughly?

I can mow, I hate doing everything else. Especially trying to fight off the bermuda grass and dandelions.

I can't remember what their method for calculating it is but depends on the size of your yard. You can call them for a free quote and they used to offer the first treatment free of charge to prove their services were legit(on the weed killing part anyway). I do not think you could go wrong with them or Scott's to be quite frank. I would reccomend having both come out and give you a free estimate and go with the lowest bidder. I could be pulling this out of my ass (10 years ago since I worked there) but if I remember correctly one of their selling points was having the same tech come out to your house to provide treatment every time vs Scott's just sending some random dude out each time.

I couldnt stand for some other dude to work on my lawn.

Thats like on the husband bill of rights/responsibilities.

My husband hates doing it, so if it makes him happy and makes his weekends more fun then I'm all for it! He's work takes up a lot of his time, so I get why he'd want more free time. I'd like to think if I hated cleaning the house he'd hire a maid but I secretly love cleaning (most of the time).

Archived