• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Severe, sweeping penalties under consideration in Saints bounty case

Car123

A person familiar with the deliberations said Sunday the NFL is considering severe, sweeping disciplinary measures in the New Orleans Saints’ bounty case that could include lengthy suspensions of Coach Sean Payton, General Manager Mickey Loomis, former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and player leaders of the scheme according to Mark Maske of the Washington Post.

The person, speaking on the condition of anonymity because NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has not made final decisions on penalties, said some of the sanctions could be “unprecedented.” Payton and Loomis face discipline for failing to halt the practice of paying players for big hits on opponents. The bounty system was administered by Williams and involved 22 to 27 players, according to an NFL investigation revealed Friday.

The suspensions under consideration are a half-season or longer in some cases, the person said. Several other people in the sport said they expect Williams, now the defensive coordinator of the St. Louis Rams, to be punished severely.

People with knowledge of the deliberations cautioned that Goodell has yet to make final determinations in the Saints case and that some matters remained subject to change. Goodell is seeking advice on disciplinary action from the NFL Players Association, players and others, those people said.

puTsN.gif

Gregg Williams did this in two different jobs, suspending him may not be enough.

edit: though can't really take away his ability to find employment. meh.

He's not in NO for a reason. I always thought it was weird he just left the Saints. Maybe he didn't leave... Benson or somebody in the Saints org. knew this was coming. Too bad the Rams get fuged in the process.

That dorky looking *** was calling the offense when oxy cotton boy hurt his knee last season. With Brees and that assclown calling plays, the Taints offense should be fine. Defense could be a different story.

He's not in NO for a reason. I always thought it was weird he just left the Saints. Maybe he didn't leave... Benson or somebody in the Saints org. knew this was coming. Too bad the Rams get fuged in the process.

Yeah I thought about that, though I thought part of it might have been that frankly he was never that great of a DC anyway.

Archived