• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fantrums

Mr. Scot

Fantrum: [fan-trəm] n. (plural: fantrums)

: A fit of anger thrown by a fan of a sports team when that team does not take the actions he believes they should have taken; often directed at personnel moves and may include threats to stop being a fan if a certain move is made or not made

See also: hissy fit, acting out, drama queen, sports radio caller

I'm officially filing for copyright on this word :D

Flaming Douche - A member of a rival team that insists on hanging around while spouting insults and worthless crap we don't care about.

Wonder who you mean... :sosp:

Should the Huddle be credited as the birthplace of the fantrum, or just a place where it's commonly practiced?

Fantrum: (fan-trəm) n.

: A fit of anger thrown by a fan of a sports team when that team does not take the actions he believes they should have taken; often directed at personnel moves and may include threats to stop being a fan if a certain move is made or not made

See also: hissy fit, acting out, drama queen, sports radio caller

See also: Delhomme has new deal

Grrrrr....yeah Mr. Scot! Those Detroit fans angry after Matt Millen kept coming back year after year after year were just throwing nonsensical fantrums!!!!!11!111

Don't complain. I could have called them "Sammillsfantrums" (but I'm a nice guy) :)

Fans have plenty of right to be upset when they don't like the direction their team is taking, but sometimes it gets a little extreme. People go waaaayyy overboard with it.

The "I'll never cheer for this team again if they (whatever)" bit, for example, is a tad silly.

I never said that. I'll be there on Opening Day with my DeAngelo Williams jersey on screaming like hell for the Panthers. I'll even be rooting for Jake.

Wouldn't that make you a major hypocrite? You don't like Jake, stand to you guns man, boo the poo out of him...

Archived