• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Schefter: Panthers Believe Lafell "poised For A Breakout"

5' 10 wrs are common...in Pitt is all of em..Emmanual Sanders, Mike Wallace, The third one...

Santonio Holmes

DeShawn Jackson

But I agree get size ... As funky as Nanee was at times he was there as a big target and Newton went to him quite often..

Ben Rothlisberger has been begging for a tall WR as it only helps... Megatron, Colston, Bowe..even Nicks are nice big targets..

Cam needs bigger wideouts. He habitually comes off that back foot leaving his throws high. He probably will always struggle with that. Smith works cause he has ridiculous leaping abilities but they need to keep bigger targets around him. The number one guy that I would is Alshon Jeffrey. He is tailor made for cams game. Other than that they should keep the TE position stocked. All that being said I would go fletcher cox in the first Jeffrey in the second.

I am not worried about a Smith/Lafell/Gettis combination at all...

But we definitely need to be looking for a BIG time WR in the next couple of drafts.

After this season we'll have a good idea of how good Lafell and Gettis can be (more with Lafell) and evaluate from there.

good. lafell was the definition of clutch last season. he demonstrated a knack for finding soft spots in coverage and vast improvement separating and running his routes, not to mention his sticky hands.

wide receiver is not a high-round priority for another year at least.

We've got something nice in LaFell and let's see how Gettis rebounds....but it would be nice to have an additional red-zone threat Newton can toss one up for in the corner. Quick or someone like that Arkansas WR would be chill

If Smitty or Olsen go down, our receiving core is adequate/avg

Archived