• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Of These 4 Draft Prospects Who Is Your Favorite?

panther4life

http://nfldraftgeek....letchercox.html

Cons: Hand technique is poor besides a bull rush doesn't have much else. Doesn't take on double teams well and can be washed out on plays. Plays too high, can be moved off the ball.

Show his pro as well

http://nfldraftgeek.com/fletchercox.html

• Explosive athlete. Has a great first step, and really fires out of the blocks
  • Versatile size at 6-4 295, could potentially play the 3, or 5 Technique
  • Strong upper body, and delivers a violent hand punch
  • Excellent motor. Relentless. From snap to whistle gives 100% every play
  • Strong bull rush, and power moves. Can collapse the pocket with his strength
  • Very quick. Can effectively split gaps
  • Big upside. Has a lot of room to improve

6th highest rated player on Espn Draft board

Fletcher Cox

coples, mainly because there's a logjam at DT and we've yet to see the true potential of anyone at the position. adding a premier pass rusher across from charles johnson would be huge.

I truly believe Coples will be the next great DE if he commits himself to the game. The best comparison I can draw of how I envision Coples would be Justin Smith of the 49ers.The ability to play the edge and move inside and be effective at both would give us such an advantage, especially if we add a DT in the 2nd.

Plenty of DTs get pushed around as rookies. DT has proven to rarely be a spot you can plug rookies into. They need time. Not just 3rd rounders either. We have DTs developing and can bring in a vet when cuts start later on.

Cam needs improved D play. Improved in 2012. No DT worth the 9 pick. Class is deep. If you want to add a DT to the mix do it in round 2 and add a 2012 player at 9

Again 6th on Scout's inc top 32

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

So that means Blackmon, Coples, and all 26 player rated behind him isn't worth pick # 9.

So no player other then Luck, Rg3, Kali, Claiborne and Richardson will have a impact this year. These are the only player rated higher then Cox.

How stupid does that sound to you.

Show his pro as well

http://nfldraftgeek....letchercox.html

• Explosive athlete. Has a great first step, and really fires out of the blocks
  • Versatile size at 6-4 295, could potentially play the 3, or 5 Technique
  • Strong upper body, and delivers a violent hand punch
  • Excellent motor. Relentless. From snap to whistle gives 100% every play
  • Strong bull rush, and power moves. Can collapse the pocket with his strength
  • Very quick. Can effectively split gaps
  • Big upside. Has a lot of room to improve

6th highest rated player on Espn Draft board

Fletcher Cox

I put the link there so people could see both and I prefaced it with Cons so posters wouldn't think that was all there was. I was just responding to the concept that he would be good against double teams or strong against the run. He fits our scheme which is a 1 gap attacking style but wouldn't be good in a 2 gap read and react. I am not as against him as I sometimes post. I just have to give the Cox fan boys some balance. I just don't like choosing a DT in the first with bigger needs out there. it wouldn't matter who. The only reasons I could go with Brockers is because he has a bigger upside and could be a Kris Jenkins kind of guy. Cox has less an upside in my opinion.

I put the link there so people could see both and I prefaced it with Cons so posters wouldn't think that was all there was. I was just responding to the concept that he would be good against double teams or strong against the run. He fits our scheme which is a 1 gap attacking style but wouldn't be good in a 2 gap read and react. I am not as against him as I sometimes post. I just have to give the Cox fan boys some balance. I just don't like choosing a DT in the first with bigger needs out there. it wouldn't matter who. The only reasons I could go with Brockers is because he has a bigger upside and could be a Kris Jenkins kind of guy. Cox has less an upside in my opinion.

And that would be just your Opinion because you have nothing saying that Cox doesn't have a bigger upside.

I like Cox and wouldnt mind the pick, but i agree that i think the front office still wants to see what they can get out of McClain and Fua before they take another DT high in the draft. I would go with Coples since you can never have enough good DEs.

Archived