• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Of These 4 Draft Prospects Who Is Your Favorite?

panther4life

Coples

Gilmore

Floyd

Cox

I chose those 4 because we had them all in for visits, and it seems these are the most realistic players to possibly be available at 9 and should be able to come in and start right away.

Just curious to hear some opinions on these 4 and if you feel there's other possibilities other than Clairborne or Blackmon magically falling to

us feel free chime in with their names and your opinion in them vs those I listed above.

I

I think it all depends on if Carolina can trade back or not. If they can't, wouldn't surprise me if they made a move to trade up w their second pick to late first or early second.

I think they are going to make a splash this year in the draft. I predict Cox then trade up and grab Wright.

Of those four, Cox is easily as good as the rest and fills a more critical need.

So Cox.

We need defense help NOW. Cox likely won't be ready for real playing time. Coples has better odds to be impactful right away IMO

Cox - The surest thing IMO and helps solidify the DL.

Floyd - Past DUI would scare me a bit, but would make the offense elite.

Coples - Most potential and helps on defense right away, but the highest bust potential of the 4.

Gilmore - Could give us the #2 CB we want, but could struggle at times next season while he adjusts.

I want defense, but won't complain if we go Floyd. I'll trust the staff to make the right call.

We need defense help NOW. Cox likely won't be ready for real playing time. Coples has better odds to be impactful right away IMO

I disagree. Primarily due to my reliance on the First Rule of Best Conferences Theorem.

Cox was an impact player and had to be double-teamed consistently in the S-E-C, the best college football conference in the land. And there was never any question about his "motor".

While Coples was playing Boston College and Virginia and Ohio State, Cox was playing Bama, LSU, and Florida.

Thus ends your lesson on the First Rule of Best Conference Theorem. ;)

Archived