• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Add Former Oklahoma State Wr Hubert Anyiam To Roster

http://www.charlotte...r-oklahoma.html

Anyiam, 6 feet and 204 pounds, was Oklahoma State's fourth-leading receiver last season when he caught 27 passes for 370 yards and three touchdowns. Blackmon had 121 receptions for 1,522 yards and 18 touchdowns.

The Panthers waived defensive tackle Jason Shirley to clear room for Anyiam on the 90-man roster. Shirley, 26, had 2.5 sacks in the final four games last season after Sione Fua and Terrell McClain went on injured reserve.

This post has been promoted to an article

From the way we collecting wide receivers it must be gonna rain footballs this season!!!

Thought Shirley was a bright spot at end of season but maybe we see him again. Wish him well!!!

He might be a good addition because who knows anything about the receivers behind Blackmon.

Time will tell!!!!

Gooooo Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a suspicion that in the minds of the coaches, we only have two wide receivers that are sure things. For the rest of the guys it's gonna be trial by fire. Competition should help fashion a fine WR corps. It will be very interesting to see the final result.

I think it's fairly obvious the Panthers want more tham just two or three threats at receiver.

Think of the Packers and the Saints* offense, where every receiver that gets on the field is a threat/play maker.

I'm confident that is what coach wants with our offense. So they want to find the best group they can. Not just who is going to be secound, third. It goes beyond that.

From the way we collecting wide receivers it must be gonna rain footballs this season!!!

Thought Shirley was a bright spot at end of season but maybe we see him again. Wish him well!!!

He might be a good addition because who knows anything about the receivers behind Blackmon.

Time will tell!!!!

Gooooo Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I know is that he was Oklahoma States 4th WR on their depth chart. That's not that great. I don't understand why we need 20 WRs to battle for 1 or 2 spots.

I've thought about this for a lil bit we have 5 WR that I beleive are locks to make the team

1. Smitty

2. LaFell

3. Gettis

4. Pilares

5. Adams

Only two are taller than 5'11". IMO I think we keep 6 WRs again this season and I think they're looking for someone with size AND speed for the last spot. I could be wrong...it happens all the time.

I really like Chris Manno for the sixth wide receiver spot, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers went with a taller guy.

I read recently that Joe Adams is likely to only see time at wide receiver at the slot position and I also think that is where Pilares would benefit as well, running little slant routes. Also, though I'm not for this, the Panthers could also use Smith in the slot on three wide receiver sets. This sets the Panthers with three potential slot receivers, so I have a feeling they go big with the last receiver especially with David Gettis coming off of an injury.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ajirotutu took the final spot. He's still young, and he was a very solid receiver at Fresno State.

Archived