• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt does Panthers focused interview with Florio on PFT live

Rhys

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/videos/pft-live/

Click the ''watch it all live'' text below the top post. It's the 3rd segment.

Gantt speaks at length about the Panthers.

Here's a few things I remember from the interview:

• He believes LaFall will breakout for us this year
  • Panthers will try and sign Stewart during the year but that it my not work out if Stew wants big money and a star role
  • Shockey is still on our radar but he'll have to come down to our price if he wants to be on the team, also said we signed Shockey last year to work with whoever we took #1 overall in 2011 since we were QB focused
  • Newton exceeded even the expectations inside the organization
  • Tolbert and Gettis coming back helps us diversify an already diverse offense, though neither will have a star role, also mentioned Tolbert was insurance for Stew
  • Said the plan all along with Kuechly is to have him at MLB, read between the lines when Rivera says we're 'beginning' with Luke on the outside
  • Beason will be asked to play weakside as he did when Morgan was our entrenched MLB

Not much we didn't already know, just lends a little more credibility to some of the bits and pieces we've been hearing.

I for one really like Gantt... I'm not sure what to think about him being at PFT tbh... perplexed at the moment. This goes against any belief that i previously had for PFT... It may actually be respectable

Gantt needed work, he probably didn't want to move and cover some other team so he took a job offer that keeps him working at home.

Gantt needed work, he probably didn't want to move and cover some other team so he took a job offer that keeps him working at home.

Whatever you think if PFT, it's a national media outlet affiliated with NBC Sports. Pretty decent gig for someone who tweets about the NFL all day long.

This is exactly why PFT hired Darin...

They know they are going to be writing a lot of stories about Cammy Cam & Co. in the coming seasons. So they went out the guy that knows more about the team than anyone "outside" the organization.

Also, great for Gantt. Always loved his insight and witty sarcasm. Even without being employed as such, he's still been our best beat writer, by far.

And to the posters bashing PFT, he just went from covering Wofford College for a podunk newspaper to, probably, the 3rd largest NFL media outlet, that also happens to have major network tie-ins. That's a pretty damn big step up!

U mad bro?

He answers my questions all the time on twitter.

I've known people who have interacted with him via email quite a bit. Maybe the question didn't interest him.

i've had discussions with him via twitter and even going back and forth a lot on comments in articles he wrote.

lots of people have.

must have been a very boring, uninteresting, or ridiculous email for him to not respond...and i've seen a lot that i would have ignored but he didn't over the years.

I still laugh at people who think PFT is garbage. It's backed by a national media outlet and is MUCH different from when they were just spouting any and all rumors 7 years ago. It's my go-to source for all NFL news.

not my "go-to" source but it has gotten a lot better and more respectable over the past couple years. a lot less rumor mill stuff. florio/pft was actually more reliable than schefter for a while.

Good luck getting 'Daring Ant' to friggen answer any email you send him.

In that regard, he will fit in perfectly with Mike "Ima Dick" Florio

lol, wow I've had a couple emails replied by Gantt. Wonder what you've asked the guy?

I respect the guy, he does his job. You can't hate the guy for finding work and doing what he loves.

Archived