• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Team Captains

SIGCHI222

There seems to be a lot of leadership on this year's squad. Who do you guys think will be named the captains?

My guess is Cam and Gross on offense (maybe Kalil after today's events), Beason on defense (not sure on the other one) and not sure yet on special teams.

It should be interesting to see how this shakes out this year.

Who would you guys vote for?

Cam Gross Beason Kuechly

I can see The Kuechly stepping up. Maybe Tolbert for special teams?...or Adams? Too early to tell but I don't think they are going to have any problems getting guys to be leaders with the mindset we are hearing about.

Guest Bwood

Having a rookie as a captain is stupid. Even Cam didn't have a captains 'C' last season.

Though Kuechly might get the radio helmet at some point.

Guest Bwood

I'm telling you if Kuechly is as smart as they say he is and with Beason's leg still a question mark he may get the captain nod for the sake of continuity.

I know this isn't Foxies team anymore but when have the Panthers ever had a rookie team captain, let alone the NFL?

Dis-including the '95 team, I was like 4 and I'm sure we might have had a rookie captain due to the circumstances.

Kuechly isn't gonna be a captain as a rookie, many speculated Cam was voted in as Captain last year, but Rivera didn't want to give him that much responsibility. I kinda thought it was odd Godfrey was a Captain, so I believe Cam's patch went to him.

Archived