• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here is why I think the Panthers will go 9-7 at best

See, now I am on the opposite end of that spectrum. I feel like we will get 4 wins in division games at least, becaus ewe typically fair pretty well in our division.

I think we'll get at the very least 2 against the NFC East, because they are always overhyped every year, and like clockwork, at least half of that division chokes and ends up sucking every year. Hopefully, we can finally get an opening day win, but if not, our first victory over the East will come against Washington, because no way will Goodell let us win Nationally over Dallas in Irving. But that's OK, because we'll get a late season victory over the Giants this time, because Fox & Co. are pretty good about fixing mistakes against teams the second time around.

This is also why we will beat Arizona. I'm confident in beating a Favre-led Vikings team, but Miami scares me because that Wildcat crap could cause problems for a young defense playing on instinct. I think we will abolutely beat the Jets, and by the time we play Buffalo in week 7, TO will already have torn that locker room up. New England is a toss-up, but with Meeks, I like our chances a lot better.

So I predict a minimum of 10 wins, with a possibilty of 11 or 12, but even 10 should win our division.

So that is my optimistic, and I think pretty realistic opinion.

See, now I am on the opposite end of that spectrum. I feel like we will get 4 wins in division games at least, becaus ewe typically fair pretty well in our division.

I think we'll get at the very least 2 against the NFC East, because they are always overhyped every year, and like clockwork, at least half of that division chokes and ends up sucking every year. Hopefully, we can finally get an opening day win, but if not, our first victory over the East will come against Washington, because no way will Goodell let us win Nationally over Dallas in Irving. But that's OK, because we'll get a late season victory over the Giants this time, because Fox & Co. are pretty good about fixing mistakes against teams the second time around.

This is also why we will beat Arizona. I'm confident in beating a Favre-led Vikings team, but Miami scares me because that Wildcat crap could cause problems for a young defense playing on instinct. I think we will abolutely beat the Jets, and by the time we play Buffalo in week 7, TO will already have torn that locker room up. New England is a toss-up, but with Meeks, I like our chances a lot better.

So I predict a minimum of 10 wins, with a possibilty of 11 or 12, but even 10 should win our division.

So that is my optimistic, and I think pretty realistic opinion.

you're not being realistic.

no realistic person would think that we have any real chance against real teams.

What I saw was an Offensive Coordinator who really started to put things together in his first full year where he had the whole offense relatively healthy and had a number of potent weapons. I saw a running game which was the envy of the league. I say a team which put up over 30 points in the last half of the season and in the top 10 in points for the first time in forever.

I see a defense which hopefully will have the fire and passion that it did when Del Rio was here. I am excited that we have a fiery DC who is a stickler for fundamentals yet wants them to play with passion, quickness and swarm the ball. Baker sounds like a great DL coach and I delight to hear that the DBs are being asked to work on their footwork and increase their awareness of where they need to be in relationship to everyone else. Maintaing the integrity of the zone is something we have been sorely lacking over the past several years.

We fixed the offense last year and hopefully will fix the defense this year. With a balanced team this year we should be able to do very well and be competitive with anyone in the league. If you can't get excited this year I don't know when you will ever be.

I expect 10-6 and a division title.

What I saw was an Offensive Coordinator who really started to put things together in his first full year where he had the whole offense relatively healthy and had a number of potent weapons. I saw a running game which was the envy of the league. I say a team which put up over 30 points in the last half of the season and in the top 10 in points for the first time in forever.

I see a defense which hopefully will have the fire and passion that it did when Del Rio was here. I am excited that we have a fiery DC who is a stickler for fundamentals yet wants them to play with passion, quickness and swarm the ball. Baker sounds like a great DL coach and I delight to hear that the DBs are being asked to work on their footwork and increase their awareness of where they need to be in relationship to everyone else. Maintaing the integrity of the zone is something we have been sorely lacking over the past several years.

We fixed the offense last year and hopefully will fix the defense this year. With a balanced team this year we should be able to do very well and be competitive with anyone in the league. If you can't get excited this year I don't know when you will ever be.

[ame]

[/ame]

And what does this have to do with this upcoming season? We have a different DC and that will change everything. But since you and others are already writing off the season why bother watching? Just wait until next March and come back. The real fans that believe in this team will still be here waiting on you.

this

No! it obvious that we will be 12-4 this year because we were 12-4 last year! it is so clearly obvious that the 15 teams with winning records last year will all have losing records this year! its so obvious! :rolleyes:

PH even said 9-7 which is still a winning record and will give us in the first time in our history a back to back winning season. Which is why i dont understand why all of a sudden people think we are this superawesome team one of the elite. We have to have consistency first before we can be elite.

good post

The reason i think this is because I don't think they can beat top teams and I think the snuck in a couple of victories lagainst average teams last year that they will not this year.

The first two victories of the season looked great at the time but it ends up that these were both .500 teams

Then loss to the vikings who ended up 10-6.

Then beat the falcons. This is a big time win i think.

Then KC - crap

Then NO - crap

Then Arizona - 2nd big time win although still a 9-7 team

Raiders - Crap

Lions - Crap

loss to Falcons - looked terrible

Green Bay win - 6-10 team

TB - good to win in division 9-7 team

Denver 8-8

Giants - better team than Carolina but put up a fight

Saiints - crap

CAROLINA's two quality wins were Arizona and Atlanta?

Carolina barely did better than 500 against the division - a 2 point win against NO at the end of the season ensured that they did

Carolina did not beat a team with a record better than 9-7 except Atlanta

Don't get me wrong, carolina beat the teams it had to beat and that is what it is all about. I hope they do it again. But there is no way they do well against Patriots, Giants, Miami, Philly, Minnesota. And if they don't then they need to run through the division which they will not.

before you get all riled up, i love the panthers and hope they do well. i am buying PSLs for a crap load of $$ and i hope they win the superbowl. But i don't think they can win big games.

Flame away!

Very good points. The panthers struggled to beat the playoff teams last year other than Arizona and Atlanta. Arizona pretty much gave that game away after dominating us in the first half. We caught Atlanta at a good time when Matt Ryan was still learning and was going through the rookie growing pains then he made us pay for it later. And like you said San Diego was just .500 team. Someone mentioned that they had Shawn merriman but he wasnt healthy and didnt even play in the 2nd half.

Its a shame that so many people feel the need to put others down for having an objective opinion and accusing of them of not being a "real fan" for not predicting a winning record. Deep down they know 7-9 is a real possibility and it really scares them to think about it so instead they feel the need to put down others down who acknowledge this. They just want to overlook how easy our schedule was last year and just keep saying we were 12-4 so thats just what we'll be next year too. They dont want to hear this but the panthers still have to prove that they belong with the elite by putting together back to back winning seasons. Unfortunately, I just dont see it this year.

The reason i think this is because I don't think they can beat top teams and I think the snuck in a couple of victories lagainst average teams last year that they will not this year.

The first two victories of the season looked great at the time but it ends up that these were both .500 teams

Then loss to the vikings who ended up 10-6.

Then beat the falcons. This is a big time win i think.

Then KC - crap

Then NO - crap

Then Arizona - 2nd big time win although still a 9-7 team

Raiders - Crap

Lions - Crap

loss to Falcons - looked terrible

Green Bay win - 6-10 team

TB - good to win in division 9-7 team

Denver 8-8

Giants - better team than Carolina but put up a fight

Saiints - crap

CAROLINA's two quality wins were Arizona and Atlanta?

Carolina barely did better than 500 against the division - a 2 point win against NO at the end of the season ensured that they did

Carolina did not beat a team with a record better than 9-7 except Atlanta

Don't get me wrong, carolina beat the teams it had to beat and that is what it is all about. I hope they do it again. But there is no way they do well against Patriots, Giants, Miami, Philly, Minnesota. And if they don't then they need to run through the division which they will not.

before you get all riled up, i love the panthers and hope they do well. i am buying PSLs for a crap load of $$ and i hope they win the superbowl. But i don't think they can win big games.

Flame away!

So your in-depth analysis consists of the following......I don't think we can beat top teams because I don't think we can beat top teams.

Got it....thanks for enlightening us. You have officially been raised to the ranks of a Saints or Bucs fan....which is one notch above the short bus.

So your in-depth analysis consists of the following......I don't think we can beat top teams because I don't think we can beat top teams.

Got it....thanks for enlightening us. You have officially been raised to the ranks of a Saints or Bucs fan....which is one notch above the short bus.

so what is your analysis of how we will go 12-4 next year?

Archived