• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Footballoutsiders rank the 2010 offense as the 6th worst since 1992.

Stroupe-a-loop

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/dvoa-70-worst-teams-ever

So football outsiders has a formula (dvoa) that shows if you were better or worse than leauge average on offense, defense, or special teams (0 %) is normal. They have updated the formula and compiled all their data that goes back to 1991.

Under the new formula, the 2010 panther's offense was the 6th worst during that span. Also the 2011 defense was on the list under the last formula, but it fell off under the new formula.

Any thoughts on the information? Does this speak to how amazing cam was last year? Or how bad clausen was? Is it an indictment of foxball, or a ringing endorsement of river's and chud's offensive philosphy?

this is what makes last years offensive turnaround truly remarkable. One of the worst offenses of all time historically to a top ten passing game and one of the best running games in the history of the league?

rivera is going to be the best hire this team has ever made.

this is what makes last years offensive turnaround truly remarkable. One of the worst offenses of all time historically to a top ten passing game and one of the best running games in the history of the league?

the thing that makes me more hopeful is that he has just started working with the defense.

i'm looking at the return of beason and the addition of kuechly as the defensive equivalent of cam coming to carolina as far as impact on that side of the ball. at least i'm hoping for that.

it can happen, right?

Which makes the Cam impact all that more amazing.

Other parts played in but he was the biggest factor....and he isn't even good yet (just a baby).

Yeah, we should totally reduce his role this year..

Which makes the Cam impact all that more amazing.

Other parts played in but he was the biggest factor....and he isn't even good yet (just a baby).

Yeah, we should totally reduce his role this year..

I'm not sure what caused you to get on this kick, but it's bordering on ridiculous at this point. I have seen literally NO ONE argue for this to happen in any of the recent threads that you've been ranting around in.

I'm not sure what caused you to get on this kick, but it's bordering on ridiculous at this point. I have seen literally NO ONE argue for this to happen in any of the recent threads that you've been ranting around in.

the only thing has been basically saying the same thing that rivera himself said...making the offense not all about cam and taking full advantage of the talent that not just newton has, but the talent that is surrounding him.

it's turning into a tired topic, honestly, and the fact that rivera said that and the team has given williams and stewart the deals they have and that tolbert was brought in kind of just backs up what others have been saying. the intention is for those three backs to play a big role in different capacities and that the panthers are going to be carrying the ball a ton using all their options...passing league or not...and it will remain one of the top offenses (and probably become the best) in the league in spite of them bucking the passing league trend.

give all the credit to cam or not. i don't care. everyone knows what he brings the the table and that he's a game changer in the big sense of the game. it's just a matter of how much of it you want to put on his shoulders and how much you want to elevate and utilize the talent surrounding him. how much you want to or should put on his shoulders.

then you selective choose to look at my rants and not those I am responding to.

There are tons of threads where I have replied to those stating Cam needs a signicantly reduced role in the ground attack (that is what our RBs are for), the wishbone be run 80 times a game, Cam should run as a last resort only, no runs for Cam at the goalline, pass less, etc.

If you haven't seen those arguments made....then you are selectively ignoring them. Plus, it is easy to overlook what I am responding to and just jump on my post as a stand alone statement.....I mean that is pretty common around these parts (not just w/ me).

the only thing has been basically saying the same thing that rivera himself said...making the offense not all about cam and taking full advantage of the talent that not just newton has, but the talent that is surrounding him.

it's turning into a tired topic, honestly, and the fact that rivera said that and the team has given williams and stewart the deals they have and that tolbert was brought in kind of just backs up what others have been saying. the intention is for those three backs to play a big role in different capacities and that the panthers are going to be carrying the ball a ton using all their options...passing league or not...and it will remain one of the top offenses (and probably become the best) in the league in spite of them bucking the passing league trend.

give all the credit to cam or not. i don't care. everyone knows what he brings the the table and that he's a game changer in the big sense of the game. it's just a matter of how much of it you want to put on his shoulders and how much you want to elevate and utilize the talent surrounding him. how much you want to or should put on his shoulders.

play on words IMO.

Was the Indy offense all about Peyton? Yes. Did they try to take advantage of the other weapons they had? Of course.

I don't give Cam all the credit (as I mentioned in my post).....he was just the biggest factor. Cam can't do it alone. That IMO is what Rivera is implying. But this is Cam's team in just about every way you look at it.

Archived