• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Wii

Hotsauce

Ok, So I just bought my wife the Wii for her birthday. She loves it, as I knew she would.

Question:

What are the must have games?

Anyone play a descent hunting game on this system? I bought (and getting ready to return) Cabela's Big Game Hunter, and that game SUCKS! I was hoping that it would be similar to the arcade game called Big Buck Hunter.

Thanks!

Wii Fit - the exercises disguised as games are a blast. We just got the Wii Fit last week and my daughter can't get enough of it. She's had her Wii for a few years and she never played it all that much.

That was the reason my wife wanted it. However, we have not taken the fit out of the box.

I rarely use my Wii unless we have company over. The basic games are fun to play for everyone and easy to pick up and understand. When it's time for gaming for me, which is rare these days, I'll go to the 360 or the PS2...having kids is a wonderful thing!!!!

Two words of advice...I understand Wii is bringing out a new exercise program...Wii Extreme Challenge or something that is supposed to be much much better than Wii Fit, so for those that don't have the Wii Fit, you might wanna wait. Also, I know a few people who have successfully modded their Wii and are playing downloaded games.

I got my wii with the wife in mind as well. In the beginning she loved it, and played all the sports games which is basically all we had. I soon got mario kart, and she loved it too, as did I. That wore off for both of us, but playing online every once in a while is still fun. I tried Call of Duty: World at War to replace my Halo addiction. It is much to slow paced to do that, and I am awaiting the next Call of Duty. I recently traded it for Madden. I am really liking Madden more than I ever did with either of the XBOX consoles even though the graphics aren't as good. The 5 on 5 is especially addictive. I also have the fit, and after four or six months it doesn't get the use it once did. I should have known the wife wouldn't stick with a fitness thing. She never does. It is still fun though. My best ski jump score is 328m, and I try to beat it every time I play, but only come close. Shawn White snow boarding is the best game I have played for the fit for those who care.

Find your hunting game by renting though. Blockbuster, etc. are high these days, but knowing what you are going to buy rather than guessing is worth it.

Football: Madden 07 or 08. 07 would be better for a Panthers fan. Stay away from anything labled All-Play.

Other sports: Stick with other systems for now. Hockey, Baseball, and Basketball haven't really found their place on the Wii yet (can't for the life of me figure out why, it would all be so damn simple...)

Casual games that won't suck out your soul: The WiiPlay/Sports/Fit games are a good way to kill some hours. Boom Blox is one of the best party games available. WarioWare: Smooth Moves is good times when drunk. Same for Rayman Raving Rabbids.

Nintendo mainstays: Can't go wrong there. Super Mario Galaxy is by far the best, but the newest Zelda and Metroid games are strong titles as well.

Third-party games: De Blob is suprisingly addictive, same with Zach and Wiki. No More Heroes is trippy but it makes a fun game. The ports of Dead Rising and Okami are great. The new House of the Dead is fun for old times sake. Madworld is sick but a little short.

That should get ya started, at least.

Well the Wii. It was fun at first but I've found that while playing the games the novelty wore off quickly. I only like it when we have friends over. Its a great party gaming system. I recomend Big Brain Acad. Or other group games. The wifey wants the Wii Fit but, we haven't found anything that we actually keep playing when it comes to the Wii.

Well the Wii. It was fun at first but I've found that while playing the games the novelty wore off quickly. I only like it when we have friends over. Its a great party gaming system. I recomend Big Brain Acad. Or other group games. The wifey wants the Wii Fit but, we haven't found anything that we actually keep playing when it comes to the Wii.

what have ya tried and what do ya like?

Stay away from anything labled All-Play.

You can turn the all play off very easily. I see no reason to stay away from them. I have played Madden and Tiger that have it. On Tiger I used it like a handicap, turning it on occasionally. Having it on the whole time is ridiculous. I shot 22 under one round. I haven't used it at all in Madden.

Archived