• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TD is back, but should we let him play in the preseason?

L-TownCat

Like others have said, if he's going to get hurt he's going to get hurt. Can't keep him on the bench forever. I think he's in a much better position now than he was going into Green Bay with rehab, OTAs, training camp and more time. His legs look thicker than the toothpicks we saw from the pictures at that Panthers kickball game. All and all, I just feel good about TD and want to believe that he'll play, if not start, all 16 for us. Call me niave or a homer, but you've got to have faith in the players.

Like others have said, if he's going to get hurt he's going to get hurt. Can't keep him on the bench forever. I think he's in a much better position now than he was going into Green Bay with rehab, OTAs, training camp and more time. His legs look thicker than the toothpicks we saw from the pictures at that Panthers kickball game. All and all, I just feel good about TD and want to believe that he'll play, if not start, all 16 for us. Call me niave or a homer, but you've got to have faith in the players.

TD's always had some skinny ass legs. That's one of the things I didn't like about the DT from Penn State (his name escapes me) in this year's draft. Skinny legs just seem like an injury waiting to happen.

It would be sweet though if TD could somehow beat the odds.

Honestly I believe he has to play to prove he is worth keeping on the 53 man roster. He is cleared to play just before cuts start happening. This is no coincidence.

LMFAO Dude TD already has a spot on the 53 man roster so long as he stays healthy. TD will not be cut plan and simple.

Hey, if the docs have cleared him and he's practiced consecutive days... then it's time to see what he can do.

My only questions are what did he do differently this time? Was his rehab routine different/better? Was this surgery performed by a different/more renowned surgeon? Was the procedure done differently than the previous two?

I think the answers are yes to all. So if he's changed his approach, then the outcome should change as well. You know, the popular definition of insanity. Just don't want to see him in for three complete quarters. Use him in special packages only - like he'd be used in the regular season.

i'm hopeful that he wil make a comeback and i have a feeling that he just might...but i don't expect it. i more expect what most everyone else is, that it's not just a matter of if he goes down, but when.

here's my thoughts, though.

i also expect that while he's on the field he's going to be making an impact, whether he hits the field now or week one. i just think that' it's a limited time that he's going to be able to make an impact and i would rather that impact e made ingames that matered rather than games that don't.

keep his reps low if he has to hit the field at all in preseason. when the regular season starts...still keep his reps low, like in the 20 snaps a game region. best way of keeping him healthy is by keeping his time on the field to a small amount and just using him situationally.

i don't think that getting many preseason game snaps are going to benefit him nor do i think he will be significantly handicapped by not playing in preseason. it may take him a week or two to get back into the swing of things, but that would be ok as long as he stays around for longer.

If he's ready to play, play him! If he blows out his knee again, I'd rather do it before final cuts are made.

I'm hoping he stays healthy. Besides the impact he'd have as a player (and when healthy, he's amazing), the impact he'd have motivation-wise would be off the charts.

You can't honestly think they would have Philips on the field over Anderson,

It will be Davis Keuchly and Anderson in some order....

Beason is the starting MLB. We don't need to see Kuechly at MLB because he won't play it. They want Phillips to get experience against the 1s in case of injury, so he will be there no matter what.

If Davis is healthy he'll start over Anderson, no question. The starting line-up for the season will be Kuechly - Beason - Davis if all are healthy.

This forum declaring Davis is situational has nothing to do with reality.

Archived