• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther Talk on Now (8.05pm)

Ship

I would still rather have Rivera stumble while trying to explain things then have Fox smile and suggest everything is fine, or give us the dreaded "It is what it is".

Lets not forget guys that Rivera is only a 2nd year HC. Cam needs to be given some room to grow as a QB and Rivera needs to be given some room to grow as a HC. Nobody wants to hear that, but it's true.

I would still rather have Rivera stumble while trying to explain things then have Fox smile and suggest everything is fine, or give us the dreaded "It is what it is".

Lets not forget guys that Rivera is only a 2nd year HC. Cam needs to be given some room to grow as a QB and Rivera needs to be given some room to grow as a HC. Nobody wants to hear that, but it's true.

I'd rather have the coach that wins and the everything that's fine guy had his team in the Superbowl in only his second year as a head coach. I can't help but question if we took a step backwards in term of coaching. Nobody wants to hear that, but it could be true.

Rivera will be given plenty of time to prove himself though.

Fox didn't like the idea of using all young players on a team and you see why now. Its very challenging and takes time to develop. Rivera was given a short and cheep contract and we might be seeing why right now. Good DC bad Coach but he still has time to prove people wrong.

I listened to Rivera last night - he didnt sound hesitant or baffled or bumbling at all - he sounded sure of himself and that he has a plan - - of course the questions could have all been scripted for all I know and he was reading off of cue cards - sounds to me that us fans are in for a long haul - RR said they are using all young guys and didnt bring any free agents in because they are building a team for the long term - I took from it that is the way the organisation wants it and Jerry R has already signed onto this philosophy and is good with it - or maybe it was he who told RR he wanted it that way. Regardless - its apparent to me from what Rivera said last night that any wins in the near future are going to be nice, but dont expect them. And dont expect Rivera to be polishing up his resume any time soon.

People here just seem like they love to overreact to everything.. Including cheesy interviews like this... But you're right, I mean it took terry Bradshaw a LONG time but when he got it together he was good enough to win 4 superbowls, I'm sure it won't take that long for the lights to come on for cam and ron but I'm just saying, people have to stop expecting instant success, it's better they goes through these lumps now than in the future, I still think rivera is a better coach than you all think, IMO, but hurney on ther hand...

I listened to Rivera last night - he didnt sound hesitant or baffled or bumbling at all - he sounded sure of himself and that he has a plan - - of course the questions could have all been scripted for all I know and he was reading off of cue cards - sounds to me that us fans are in for a long haul - RR said they are using all young guys and didnt bring any free agents in because they are building a team for the long term - I took from it that is the way the organisation wants it and Jerry R has already signed onto this philosophy and is good with it - or maybe it was he who told RR he wanted it that way. Regardless - its apparent to me from what Rivera said last night that any wins in the near future are going to be nice, but dont expect them. And dont expect Rivera to be polishing up his resume any time soon.

I was there... he's not reading answers off cue cards.

He sounded better than at his Monday morning press conference.

If that long term plan is in fact the approach, then Hurney and RR need to hit home runs every draft pick. Invest in some help for Don Gregory and make sure we have the best scouts in the business.

People here just seem like they love to overreact to everything.. Including cheesy interviews like this... But you're right, I mean it took terry Bradshaw a LONG time but when he got it together he was good enough to win 4 superbowls, I'm sure it won't take that long for the lights to come on for cam and ron but I'm just saying, people have to stop expecting instant success, it's better they goes through these lumps now than in the future, I still think rivera is a better coach than you all think, IMO, but hurney on ther hand...

This franchise doesn't have the luxury of time like the Steelers had in the 60's and 70's because of free agency and salary cap guidelines. fans are jumping off the ship in droves. They are fed up with mediocrity. For the last 3 years home field advantage has been nonexistent. All the sudden the locker room seems more fragile than expected. This team hasn't played with a fire and passion since 2009. Rivera needs to set that tone. The tone that Seattle's defense came out with last night. That's not too much to ask for now. That doesn't take time to build.

If that's the case, I believe Rivera/Hurney will get another year regardless of our record...

We're still in "rebuilding" mode...

Archived