• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers keep scouting staff intact

Mr. Scot

The only place I've seen it reported is PFT (nothing from the local beat writers yet) but apparently the Panthers have given extensions through 2011 to their scouting staff. Radio a while back had said those deals were set to expire after this season.

Not normally something you'd notice much, but I think it's worth a mention because of the improvement the scouting staff has shown in college scouting since Don Gregory took over.

(that, and there ain't much else) :lol:

i saw that article and i thought they deserved it. i'm pretty happy with what they have done so far. need to keep these guys as long as we can.

i did think that the title of it was pretty funny, though...

Panthers Scouts Quietly Get New Contracts
like they were going to make some big press statement about it...

The only place I've seen it reported is PFT (nothing from the local beat writers yet) but apparently the Panthers have given extensions through 2011 to their scouting staff. Radio a while back had said those deals were set to expire after this season.

Not normally something you'd notice much, but I think it's worth a mention because of the improvement the scouting staff has shown in college scouting since Don Gregory took over.

(that, and there ain't much else) :lol:

I agree with this.

i saw that article and i thought they deserved it. i'm pretty happy with what they have done so far. need to keep these guys as long as we can.

i did think that the title of it was pretty funny, though...

like they were going to make some big press statement about it...

Well, it was either that or a typical PFT title that implies something that isn't there like...

CAN THIS BE THE END OF THE DELHOMME ERA?

A reliable source has informed us that the Panthers have signed their scouting staff until 2011. It is rumored that the move is motivated to find Carolina's version of Matt Ryan for next year's draft as they do not currently have a franchise quarterback.

Back on subject, not to say we haven't seen results under Gregory (and I may be asking for too much) but I was hoping to see some results from our players selected deep in our drafts the past three years and so far, not much in that department.

Back on subject, not to say we haven't seen results under Gregory (and I may be asking for too much) but I was hoping to see some results from our players selected deep in our drafts the past three years and so far, not much in that department.

Give it some more time, Barnidge and Taylor are set to play a bigger role in our offense this year and Dante Rosario did make some key plays at the start of last season. Part of the problem is that we do so well early in the draft that we don't have much room for our later picks to grow into.

Give it some more time, Barnidge and Taylor are set to play a bigger role in our offense this year and Dante Rosario did make some key plays at the start of last season. Part of the problem is that we do so well early in the draft that we don't have much room for our later picks to grow into.

Unless Peppers holds out or is released, Taylor won't even make the roster.

We will only carry 4 DE's on this roster. Peppers, Brayton, Johnson, and Brown. Just like Predator, the enigma known as Taylor will be nowhere to be found come opening day.

Unless Peppers holds out or is released, Taylor won't even make the roster.

We will only carry 4 DE's on this roster. Peppers, Brayton, Johnson, and Brown. Just like Predator, the enigma known as Taylor will be nowhere to be found come opening day.

We don't know what they're going to do at this point, Meeks is going to have a lot of say in what personnel we keep around, and with so many CB/S tweeners on this team we can now cut down on the number of reserves we have and be able to keep a steady rotation on the defensive line just like we should. Getting rid of Taylor would be stupid at this point considering we don't know if Pep is gonna be back with us next year. As we found out there is a reason why "Predator" wasn't anywhere to be seen, he was bad. Taylor at least has shown pass rushing skills.

Archived