• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So...how did the texans go from worst team (with David Carr)....

Spaceballs83

Remember that it took Kubiak 6 years to make the playoffs. I'm not defending the current staff or wanting that but how many people here would be happy to wait that long?

Thing is, we don't have to wait that long. We are literally 2 plays from the huddle not imploding..and the Panthers being 3-2. (Cam fumble in ATL game), (4th and 1 at the goal line boot out, last week). It just seems we can't finish. No one is hardly doing their job in Carolina, and that goes to the coaches..as well as the players.

there were a lot of ups and downs between the end of the carr era and now for the texans.

it wasn't like they picked up schaub and were immediately in the playoffs. they certainly looked better than they did during the carr years but they still had a quarterback carousel going for a few seasons due to injuries and it took time to get their defense built up to what it is now.

from 2007 through 2010 they only had one winning season and that was at 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

The Texans are a team I like to compare us to cuz I'm a huge fan of Andre Johnson and they were stuck in mediocrity for a while until recently

2006 - 6-10

2007 - 8-8

2008 - 8-8

2009 - 9-7

2010 - 6-10

2011 - 10-6

Hiring Wade Phillips as DC and supplementing him with good FA signings and draft helped

Thing is, we don't have to wait that long. We are literally 2 plays from the huddle not imploding..and the Panthers being 3-2. (Cam fumble in ATL game), (4th and 1 at the goal line boot out, last week). It just seems we can't finish. No one is hardly doing their job in Carolina, and that goes to the coaches..as well as the players.

That is sort of my point. While it is natural for fans to start thinking ahead it serves no purpose to worry about replacing a coach after the 5th game of the year. What if they get their act together and improve on last season?

They got to where they are by not binking on 9 out of every 10 draft picks the past 6 years. They draft guys that are able to contribute at the nfl level, some even become elite. We draft guys that are out of the league in a few seasons.

Exactly. They traded away Mario Williams and are still one of the best teams in the league.

Archived