• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DeAngelo Williams Trade Talks

Way Truth Life

Not to nitpick, but I'm going to nitpick.

That's a Bleacher Report article that's based on a tweet by Schefter that says we're willing to listen to offers. Being willing to listen to offers is not news and it's not Schefter saying anything other than that.

Bleacher Report articles aren't worth linking. They rarely, if ever, contain anything newsworthy or unique.

Can't we add a filter somehow that turns any link that contains "bleacherreport.com" into a gif or something? That has to be possible.

Not to nitpick, but I'm going to nitpick.

That's a Bleacher Report article that's based on a tweet by Schefter that says we're willing to listen to offers. Being willing to listen to offers is not news and it's not Schefter saying anything other than that.

Bleacher Report articles aren't worth linking. They rarely, if ever, contain anything newsworthy or unique.

Can't we add a filter somehow that turns any link that contains "bleacherreport.com" into a gif or something? That has to be possible.

There was a 3 minute segment on ESPN's Sportscenter about 10 minutes ago.....I just posted what I found online as backup rather than just say it....

There was a 3 minute segment on ESPN's Sportscenter about 10 minutes ago.....I just posted what I found online as backup rather than just say it....

You should use something other than Bleacher Report.

That gets posts ignored entirely or mocked. That site is a cesspool.

http://espn.go.com/n...nterest-sources

Teams check on DeAngelo Williams

Updated: October 28, 2012, 5:50 PM ETBy Adam Schefter | ESPN

In recent weeks, teams around the league have contacted the Carolina Panthers to inquire about the availability of running back DeAngelo Williams, according to league sources.

NFC South blog

yasinskas_pat_m.jpgESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas writes about all things NFC South in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

Entering Sunday's game against the Bears, the 29-year-old Williams has just eight rushing attempts in the last two games for 10 yards. He carried the ball 11 times for 33 yards in the Panthers' 23-22 loss at Chicago.

For the season, he has rushed for 210 yards on 61 attempts and two touchdowns.

The biggest obstacle to any Williams trade is his contract. His $5.25 million salary this season is guaranteed, meaning any team that trades for him would be on the hook for $2.6 million in the second half of the season.

But that's still considerably less than the $19.5 million that Williams made last season, after he signed an extension that after this year still has three more seasons and $18 million on it.

Those figures would make Williams the 14th highest-paid running back in the league, but it could be a price a running back-needy team would be willing to pay by Tuesday's trade deadline.

If we trade DeAngelo now it would put us 5 million over the cap... not gonna happen until after June 1 when all the guaranteed money on his contract is gone.

That's if they don't make any parallel moves. If there's a contract restructure that's announced, you can bet your ass that there is a trade in the mix. We also have a few players that we can cut to free up cap. It's not an impossible trade to make happen.

If we traded him now, his cap hit would become 12.8 million ( his accelerated signing bonus including this year) up from his already large 8.7, for an increase of 4.1 million against our cap. Reports state that we are a few million under the cap already, so there really isn't that much that needs to be done if they wanted to trade him. Quit making it sound likes it's an impossibility.

If we trade DeAngelo now it would put us 5 million over the cap... not gonna happen until after June 1 when all the guaranteed money on his contract is gone.

The cap hit might not be the obstacle you'd think - depending on their timeframe for repairs. If they can take a big hit this year to make the year after significantly better they might bite the bullet and do it.

That said I don't think we'll move him. The biggest reason I think we won't is we don't have a functional GM. There's noone there who's used to making those deals right now that I know of. It'd be hard to get an even remotely favorable trade with our current staff. If someone offers us a sweetheart deal I hope we take it, but moving him for the sake of moving him wouldn't be ideal.

Archived