• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have the best DE duo?

Dpantherman

Dwan will be 32 next season and Ron will be 34, we can't exactly keep counting on them to be our starters. We need to inject some kind of talent and since we're going to tight on cap space, we'll need to look through the draft for it.

We really do need some young stars up front, what we have now is a good short term plan for DT but I don't want another Kemo and Lewis situation where we rely on them for too long without looking at the long term solution.

It'd be cool if Frank could bulk up some, and play DT as a starter after Ron's gone. Which won't be too long as he's getting up there in age. But so is Dwan, to my surprise, so I wouldn't be opposed to getting a nasty DT in the draft at all..

If Frank put on like, 30 more pounds..and could stay as about as athletic as he is now, he could be a game changing DT with his ability to knock the ball down at the line..

Haven't shown the pass rushing consistency over the course of the season. I'd take the Giants' pass rush any day. Homers will be homers.

Obviously the answer was no ( I figured most would catch that), Point is we have some good young DEs. And you're wrong about the pass rush, they've been consistent over the last several games.

Id rather have a WR, FS, and CB in the draft than a DT.

DT usually take time to develop. We can always pick up a solid DT in FA.

I am wanting Kennan Allen

Allen's stock will drop because of his injury.

Hunter will be a star though and I think Robert Woods is the next DeSean Jackson.

It'd be cool if Frank could bulk up some, and play DT as a starter after Ron's gone. Which won't be too long as he's getting up there in age. But so is Dwan, to my surprise, so I wouldn't be opposed to getting a nasty DT in the draft at all..

If Frank put on like, 30 more pounds..and could stay as about as athletic as he is now, he could be a game changing DT with his ability to knock the ball down at the line..

Sorry, but uuuhhh NO! Alexander IS, AND will BE a passrusher. Hardy is closer to being a DT and its pretty absurd to make him a full time DT. if your talking DT ONLY on passing downs both Hardy and Alexander have played the position. A full time move is just rahtarted!

Archived