• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy getting some national attention

Udogg

He'll start getting national attention if he keeps his game up against the Broncos.

(TV viewing maps show we're being shown in most of the country on CBS)

http://www.the506.com/temp11.html

Not to stray off point, but after glancing at that map, the majority of the nation better prepare for the televised suckage at 4PM on FOX.

Having said that, would love to see the Kraken unleashed on the Denver backfield early and often.

Pro bowl? So far I only see CJ making it out of our DEs. If Hardy keeps it up he'll have a good shot.

Right now, they would have a hard time making it over Allen and JPP. Bigger names with comparable numbers.

But one could go as an alternate as someone drops

Who the fug cares what you think about them as people? They're getting the job done and that's all that matters.

Time for the fans to pull their heads of their own asses.

You literally quoted me, acted as if you entirely disagreed with me, and basically made the same point that I made. They're getting it done. That's ultimately what matters. Subjectively, I think Hardy is so incredibly stupid, brash, and frustrating that he comes nowhere close to the class that this organization likes to promote. I look at guys like Al Wallace, Mike Rucker, Mike Minter, Sam Mills, Tyler Brayton and just miss the "good guy" aspect of our defensive line . Peppers even had a great deal of fans and kept his nose clean. Kris Jenkins, while outspoken, was even pretty well behaved here. I think the advent of social media for athletes has opened up a means for these young kids with money to make idiots of themselves in front of the world. Some are smart enough to stay away from it or use it to promote their image and others like Hardy simply use it to show "how they're living", and alienate fans with childish antics and snotty comments.

We do have a lot of really good guys on the defensive side of the ball like Beason, Davis, Luke, Gamble, and others.... but I really wish I could see some personal growth from guys like Hardy and Johnson with the responsibility that they have inherited.

You literally quoted me, acted as if you entirely disagreed with me, and basically made the same point that I made. They're getting it done. That's ultimately what matters. Subjectively, I think Hardy is so incredibly stupid, brash, and frustrating that he comes nowhere close to the class that this organization likes to promote. I look at guys like Al Wallace, Mike Rucker, Mike Minter, Sam Mills, Tyler Brayton and just miss the "good guy" aspect of our defensive line . Peppers even had a great deal of fans and kept his nose clean. Kris Jenkins, while outspoken, was even pretty well behaved here. I think the advent of social media for athletes has opened up a means for these young kids with money to make idiots of themselves in front of the world. Some are smart enough to stay away from it or use it to promote their image and others like Hardy simply use it to show "how they're living", and alienate fans with childish antics and snotty comments.

We do have a lot of really good guys on the defensive side of the ball like Beason, Davis, Luke, Gamble, and others.... but I really wish I could see some personal growth from guys like Hardy and Johnson with the responsibility that they have inherited.

:lolu:

you know that jon beason or someone in his entourage broke a guy's face at a strip club right.

granted it was the infamous greg frye but anything hardy and johnson have done is small potatoes compared to that. i'm sure some people here also remember thomas davis' pit bulls attacking that woman in his neighborhood because he didn't restrain them properly.

Screw good guys. I want football players.

Okay, so that's a little over the top, but not much. This organization has had too much of a focus on good guys and safe players. Imo, that is one of the reasons we are on the "soft" side. I want to see someone with some fire, especially on the o-line, and could care less if they tweet pictures of shot glasses on their day off.

it's not like we want 11 albert haynesworths lining up on defense or something.

the best teams in carolina history had your "high character" minters and ruckers on defense and your delhommes, hoovers, and grosses on offense but they were also balanced out by what were two quite volatile antiheroes at the time in kris jenkins and steve smith.

Tyler Brayton was not a "good guy".

Ever think maybe they weren't good guys? Maybe perhaps they were just like Hardy except for the fact social media/smart phones weren't ever present when they were 23-27 years old. Placing your "values" on people and calling them pieces of poo is very harsh in my opinion. I mean if you were a person who never did anything stupid when you were younger then perhaps you have a point.

THIS.

You can tell something set in and got him on track. He seems more focused now..

Oh, and I fuging love the fact that he's a headcase. A PRODUCTIVE headcase. I mean, look at John Randle...he used to smear the paint on his face as well..You see, I think people like Hardy and John see the game in a different light than most of the others do these days. It isn't a "game". It's a battle...and the black smears on their face isn't to block out the sun. It's warpaint.

a productive headcase going against a nearly 40 year old QB with a neck that is barely keeping his body attached to his head.

this could get ugly.

Archived