• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I stopped drinking diet soda and energy drinks

Brokenbad

I am done with it, I have to be.

Earlier this year I was 178lbs and had a 16 inch neck and a 31 inch waist, 8% body fat. Recently, I was weighed at 180 and was measured at a 15 inch neck and a 34 inch waist, 18% body fat.

The biggest thing I have been doing is guzzling diet Mountain Dew and sugar

free energy drinks.

I quit cold turkey on Thursday, and I have already lost a couple of pounds, but haven't had the chance to measure.

I am making a post so early because I know it will help me keep my goal of quitting altogether.

Not sure if you're saying the diet sodas are responsible for weight/body fat gain or not, so my post may be irrelevant. But, diet sodas don't cause you to gain weight, and more evidence shows that they can be used to lose weight. I have read before where diet sodas hold in water weight and belly fat specifically though. They can also trigger the consumer to crave sweeter foods.

Not trying to make the case that diet sodas are remotely good for you, and I drink way too many myself, but there isn't really any conclusive data that shows they make you gain weight.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/diet-sodas-and-weight-gain-not-so-fast

Ooooo... Diet soda. I'm scared.

Nothing I say is going to make you stop drinking them. Just don't delude yourself into thinking they are somehow healthy, because they are decidedly not. Just like anything else that someone eats that unhealthy, it's a long term effect. Not something that's just going to jump out and bite you, but rather a cumulative effect towards bad health.

Nothing I say is going to make you stop drinking them. Just don't delude yourself into thinking they are somehow healthy, because they are decidedly not. Just like anything else that someone eats that unhealthy, it's a long term effect. Not something that's just going to jump out and bite you, but rather a cumulative effect towards bad health.

I just said they aren't healthy just healthier than regular.

Archived