• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera will be back

They finish this game - and the rest of the season - like this, he should be.

No he shouldn't...the guy has one win against a quality team and has basically cost us 8-9 games over his two years with terrible decisions. The guy is Norv Turneresque, which makes sense considering his coaching experience. He's a coordinator, not a HC.

We are finishing this year the same way we finished last year...unfortunately he has already sealed our fate with our terrible start.

No he shouldn't...the guy has one win against a quality team and has basically cost us 8-9 games over his two years with terrible decisions. The guy is Norv Turneresque, which makes sense considering his coaching experience. He's a coordinator, not a HC.

We are finishing this year the same way we finished last year...unfortunately he has already sealed our fate with our terrible start.

Pretty sure it'll all be weighed by the new GM.

At this point, I won't be surprised if he gets an "audition" season.

I'm going to say if he went 8-8, yes. 7-9, no. He's out.

Look at it like this...

If Cam doesn't throw into the dirt against Seattle, we'd have a shot at 8-8.

If Smitty does not slip against Chicago, we'd have a shot at 9-7.

If Cam does not fumble against Dallas, we'd have a shot at 10-6.

If Nakamura wasn't so stupid against Atlanta, we'd have a shot at 11-5.

I could go on and on. Yes, there were some stupid coaching decisions. But we have also had a lot of bad luck in terms of late screw ups by the players on the field. I say give Rivera another year if we finish strong by winning these last three. Remember, Rivera did say that he would make personnel changes if he could, Marty just would never give him the types of players he wanted.

Archived