• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Campbell

teeray

Is it just me or has he been really, really impressive these last two games??

Not only has he been strong in coverage but he is stepping in and making some plays against the run and on screen plays.

I re-watched the Atlanta game and really keyed in on him and really like what I saw. He did get juked out of his shoes one time, and there was some confusion with him, Davis, and Captain on the Roddy White TD, but I am not sure whose fault that was. But he also made several really great plays and was good in coverage

But I like this guy. Could be a steal for a 7th round pick.

Maybe some guys that are smarter than me about the defensive side of the ball can chime in and tell me if I am wrong or missing something; or if this guy is going to be a player.

Got beat by Gates for the TD, other than that he's been stellar.

That was him?? I usually watch the games twice the first time as a fan, the second time to actually pay attention to who is doing what.

But that TD was also a great throw and catch that almost wasn't a catch. I'm not sure anyone would have been able to defend that the way the ball was thrown and Gates going all Gates on it.

edit: I see some of you guys beat me to the punch :)

It also helped Gates when his team disguised the pick better than ours did - made Campbell run around the other WR, creating just enough separation. It was a really good play.

Unlike the Murphy pick where he runs right into the defender and tries to push him into the other DB

Is it just me or has he been really, really impressive these last two games??

Not only has he been strong in coverage but he is stepping in and making some plays against the run and on screen plays.

I re-watched the Atlanta game and really keyed in on him and really like what I saw. He did get juked out of his shoes one time, and there was some confusion with him, Davis, and Captain on the Roddy White TD, but I am not sure whose fault that was. But he also made several really great plays and was good in coverage

But I like this guy. Could be a steal for a 7th round pick.

Maybe some guys that are smarter than me about the defensive side of the ball can chime in and tell me if I am wrong or missing something; or if this guy is going to be a player.

I like him better than nakamara. At least he can run and backpedal instead of being 30yards deep and can't back peddle fast enough to breakup a 4th down pass

I like him better than nakamara. At least he can run and backpedal instead of being 30yards deep and can't back peddle fast enough to breakup a 4th down pass

He's playing strong safety, not free, so he really doesn't have the same responsibilities as Nakamura.

But yeah, I really like what he's done on the field. Plus, he's a very smart guy and that's always a plus. Did Godfrey play FS today? I didn't hear his name called once.

Archived