• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deangelo

chknwing

rotoworld...

DeAngelo Williams rushed 21 times for 210 yards with two touchdowns in the Panthers' 44-38 Week 17 win over the Saints.

If this turns out to be Williams' last game as a Panther, he goes out with a fluky bang. He came into this one averaging 3.46 YPC with three touchdowns on 152 totes this season and hadn't topped 100 yards since October of 2011. The breakout performance against a woeful Saints' run defense likely won't be enough for Williams to avoid getting cut. The Panthers are thought to be willing to eat an $8 million cap hit and move forward with Jonathan Stewart as their feature back next to short-yardage pounder Mike Tolbert.

my problem has never been with deangelo's abilities...his contract is horrible...he needs to restructure or be cut...simple as that

People struggle with that. It isn't about Williams as a stand alone RB.

About his contract and our depth. Age factors in but that is more in regards to our long term planning.

It will be interesting to hear the Deangelo haters suddenly reverse their opinion after he's gone. How many seasons of JStew sitting out 4 to 6 games before they start the "I told ya so" nonsense? I personally cannot wait until next season so I can sitting around waiting for the injury report every week. Should be a real hoot.

It will be interesting to hear the Deangelo haters suddenly reverse their opinion after he's gone. How many seasons of JStew sitting out 4 to 6 games before they start the "I told ya so" nonsense? I personally cannot wait until next season so I can sitting around waiting for the injury report every week. Should be a real hoot.

Um, Williams has rushed for an average of 40 yards a game in the Newton era.

It isn't as if we cut him and only have Stewart and Tolbert. You replace Williams with a new body. One that FITS what they want. They demoted him essentially twice in two years for a reason. His production simply hasn't been much....he is very much replaceable at a better cost.

But lets keep the expense square peg luxury.....

It isn't as if we cut him and only have Stewart and Tolbert. You replace Williams with a new body. One that FITS what they want. They demoted him essentially twice in two years for a reason. His production simply hasn't been much....he is very much replaceable at a better cost.

So has Stewart, his average is barely over 40 yards per game rushing, while Williams is sitting around 48 yards per game. Neither one of them has been absolutely spectacular over the last 32 games with Newton. Both had down years this season and had pretty decent-good years last season considering they split carries.

I however agree that Williams will be gone though, he pretty much has to be cut because of his contract.

So has Stewart, his average is barely over 40 yards per game rushing, while Williams is sitting around 48 yards per game. Neither one of them has been absolutely spectacular over the last 32 games with Newton. Both had down years this season and had pretty decent-good years last season considering they split carries.

This isn't the Vikings....offense isn't build around a RB running. It is being built around a QB, who also eats into a ground attack. Highly paid runners aren't needed bc they aren't going to be leaned on.

700 yards and 4 TDs isn't a good year when you look at cost

If we are only going off production, you would cut Deangelo AND Stewart. Panthers are paying both guys like they are top 5 running backs

Can't eat both deals...but need to start making progress on our mess.

But based in what they are giving us both are bad deals.

Look at Newton/Tolbert vs Double Trouble only using Panther numbers the last 2 years. Double Trouble is getting pimp slapped by a QB and a FB with only 1 yr factoring in terms of rushing production

Um, we have had a offensive coordinator that does not like to run ball. He didnt last year and he didnt this year. And when he did it was the read option bull poo that screwed up the entire offense the first half of the season. Since we have been back to a conventional offense D Will has produced. The Qb has been the leading rusher the last 2 years and thats more a fault of D Will???

Archived