• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera may be gone today

Darknight

I would be pretty pissed honestly. Never have I seen a team with less talent than the rest and most of the talent they do have injured. Gather around a coach with nothing but pride to play for and give it all they have like that. Never have I seen it. 2 or 3 stupid plays and we aren't even talking about this right now.

In this situation you have to give the GM say unless JR is highly upset and wants get somebody new in there. I can't fault JR for something like that. Yeah we did have a lot of injuries this year just like last year but our only significant injury that occurred early in the year was Beason and Gamble. We was 1-4 when those two guys got injured and Ryan Kalil followed. My personal feeling is that I believe we should move on. I haven't really seen the progress that makes me say that yeah we will be better next year then was this year. The fact we finish 7-9 with a team without their HC and with a team who has a rookie coach is the most disturbing. Our team can't win games when it matters so that reason alone is why Rivera should be let go.

In this situation you have to give the GM say unless JR is highly upset and wants get somebody new in there. I can't fault JR for something like that. Yeah we did have a lot of injuries this year just like last year but our only significant injury that occurred early in the year was Beason and Gamble. We was 1-4 when those two guys got injured and Ryan Kalil followed. My personal feeling is that I believe we should move on. I haven't really seen the progress that makes me say that yeah we will be better next year then was this year. The fact we finish 7-9 with a team without their HC and with a team who has a rookie coach is the most disturbing. Our team can't win games when it matters so that reason alone is why Rivera should be let go.

The coaches made the calls to win said games. The players are responsible to execute. We were one play away in at least 3 games. Last year our scraps played like ass. Since the change was made to teach fundamental football after Hurney was let go we have shown DRASTIC improvement. How can you honestly say from this year to last year that you haven't seen improvement? We all knew that Rivera was hands on with the defense and that dumb base o-zone read poo at the beginning of the year was all on chud. If you fire anybody you fire him and bring in Norv.

The coaches made the calls to win said games. The players are responsible to execute. We were one play away in at least 3 games. Last year our scraps played like ass. Since the change was made to teach fundamental football after Hurney was let go we have shown DRASTIC improvement. How can you honestly say from this year to last year that you haven't seen improvement? We all knew that Rivera was hands on with the defense and that dumb base o-zone read poo at the beginning of the year was all on chud. If you fire anybody you fire him and bring in Norv.

Wow...someone on the huddle that actually has a clue.

I've seen improvement. The Raiders game where Cam threw the INT, that game would have been an automatic lost last year but we won the game despite that.

When Cam threw the pick 6 against the Saints, many of you including me thought the game was over because we all seen it happened before but they won the game anyway.

Winning is a process and I see a team learning how to win.

Wow...someone on the huddle that actually has a clue.

I've seen improvement. The Raiders game where Cam threw the INT, that game would have been an automatic lost last year but we won the game despite that.

When Cam threw the pick 6 against the Saints, many of you including me thought the game was over because we all seen it happened before but they won the game anyway.

Winning is a process and I see a team learning how to win.

This.

So coaching wasn't the cause of the loss in the Tampa Bay game? What about the Chicago game? We still had a chance to win in Chicago dispite Cam interception. It was that soft coverage Rivera was playing in the last minute of the game. What about the Denver and Giants? Was coaching not a problem in those games either or that was all on the players too?

Now don't get me wrong, I have seen improvement on the defensive side of the ball. Now on Chud running the zone read as the complete offense that is all on Rivera. Rivera allowed Chud to do it because Rivera is the HC who suppose to have control over his coordinators right? The fact that matters is it took Hurney job for Rivera to stop using the zone read. If i'm the new GM I can't trust him and I would look into another direction.

While I agree with you to an extent, the game management by this coaching staff has been and continues to be questionable at best.

I think this coaching staff has the right idea overall, but until they can improve in game management, especially at the end of each half, we are going to continue to lose close games.

I would have to think Norman was told to tighten up his coverage on Marshall against the Bears, he was just scared of getting beat over the top. He was later benched in favor of a more physical CB.

However, the coaches should have given him some help so he could press without worry.

i just dont know about this.if that was the case, Rivera should have got out of that coverage or use a time out to make the adjustment. but neither was done, why would a coach allow a player to play out of position on a game winning drive?

i just dont know about this.if that was the case, Rivera should have got out of that coverage or use a time out to make the adjustment. but neither was done, why would a coach allow a player to play out of position on a game winning drive?

It had worked all game long.

Go re-watch the game, I've done it 4 or 5 times now. I'm just telling you what I saw.

It had worked all game long.

Go re-watch the game, I've done it 4 or 5 times now. I'm just telling you what I saw.

and again in that situation you expect a coach to tell a rookie to get rid of that cusion.they where playing for the field goal, and ran the same play 4-5 straight down the field. after the 2nd or 3rd time their should have been some sort of adjustment made.why put your CB in position to not be successful?

i'm more torn than ever on the prospect of rivera being out

yeah i know the late season wins are meaningless and we couldn't get out of our way when we had games on ice and all that but this team is completely buying into ron and playing their asses off for him right now.

This is how I feel. A coaching change could be a huge set back for this team and player development. Then again it could be just what the doctor ordered.

JR has a tough call to make.

Archived