• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor killer on Chip Kelly wanting 'total control'

Dpantherman

Kelly will be in Carolina. With Philly more than likely cutting their ties with Vick, where do you think Kelly would want to coach? You qb can be Cam Newton or Nick Foley....don't get me started on the browns.

JR is waiting hire the next GM, then make his move on Kelly.

Kelly will be in Carolina. With Philly more than likely cutting their ties with Vick, where do you think Kelly would want to coach? You qb can be Cam Newton or Nick Foley....don't get me started on the browns.

JR is waiting hire the next GM, then make his move on Kelly.

If Kelly just wants to go the NFL and isn't holding out for an ideal landing spot he might have a job by the time we even know if we have an opening.

Cleveland appears ready to write him a blank check and give him the keys to the franchise.

If Kelly just wants to go the NFL and isn't holding out for an ideal landing spot he might have a job by the time we even know if we have an opening.

Cleveland appears ready to write him a blank check and give him the keys to the franchise.

That's like getting the keys to a 96 Hyundai....why take those keys when you know it's going be a headache. We're all just guessing here, but Jellys got a pretty sweet gig at Oregon, he has no reason to jump ship at the first offer.

That's like getting the keys to a 96 Hyundai....why take those keys when you know it's going be a headache. We're all just guessing here, but Jellys got a pretty sweet gig at Oregon, he has no reason to jump ship at the first offer.

They got deep pockets there and a not too terrible roster that's a QB and some direction away from being good.

You never know man.

I want him but need to temper the expectations towards reality.

I'd give him full control if I was an owner... Id also put clauses in his contract so that if I didn't like what he was doing (by talking to players and others on the coaching staff/scouting dept. I could cut my losses with minimal financial obligation. I coach can get fired just as easily as any employee that works anywhere. Giving him "full control" is a BS term that ESPN came up with anyways, and now everyone has run with it. It's easy to confuse the sheople... The Wolves on the other hand are never convinced

The whole point of the contract is to make in difficult to fire someone without some kind of financial obligation. Why would any NFL coach make such a deal? Plus I agree with the ESPN stuff. Probably just wants say into personnel decisions. They spin that into full control ala Holmgren in Cleveland.

They got deep pockets there and a not too terrible roster that's a QB and some direction away from being good.

You never know man.

I want him but need to temper the expectations towards reality.

I hear ya, I truthfully don't care who coaches us as long as we win....

Archived