• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Am I a hater?

Udogg

This weekend I found myself rooting against teams because of their QB for the following reasons:

1. Luck - because of the overhype of the media. Specifically the references that he is having the greatest rookie QB season ever. The Chuck Strong thing seemed overhyped to me as well. Although being a fellow cancer survivor I wish Pagano nothing but the best. Also the complete lack of fortitude by the media to point out the flaws in Lucks game.

2. RGIII - This was kind of off and on. On one hand I love to see the guy succeed because he seems like a real standup guy. I also hope to God he is not seriously injured. However on the other hand it pisses me off how everything he did was construed in such a positive light. For instance if Cam consistently violated the league rules on apparel there would be an article about him feeling entitled and the rules don't apply to him. Or if he would have stayed in the game obviously injured, it would be his me first attitude hurting the team. It's almost like people use RG3 as a anti racist force field when they criticize cam. "Hey I'm not being racist if I like RG3". Sort of like "One of my best friends is black, so I can't be racist".

3. Dalton - Number 1 he is a ginger and everyone hates gingers. Number 2 because of the atrociously fabricated Dalton better than Newton stuff of last year. Plus the absurd credit they give to Dalton as being a good QB rather than AJ Green being an awesome receiver. As much as I love Smitty and believe he is great, Cam would have a 85% completion ratio to A.J. Green. The crap Dalton throws to him that he catches is crazy.

So am I a hater. Or do I take the Cam Newton criticism to personal?

As long as Luck doesn't unfairly win RoTY over RG3 or Wilson, I didn't care about whether he won or lost yesterday. I was rooting more for Wilson vs. RG3 but that's because I want the Seahawks to paste Atlanta and think they can beat them more easily than the Redskins, but I'll think it's spiffy if Wilson wins it all too. I don't hold any ill will towards Dalton now, either, as the rumblings about his limitations are starting to spread so all of the unwarranted accolades are disappearing just as fast as they were granted.

In the end, I don't root against the players, I root against their dipshit fans.

It seems to me that the fact these players are getting the headlines lately and Cam hasn't is as you say causing you want to see these players fail. I don't know what the Panthers profile is like in the US but i'm pretty sure that had we achieved play off status then Cam would have been getting the plaudits these 3 have been.

The slow start and the will of opposition fans for Newton to have a slump this year has ensured he's stayed out of the spotlight, even when he did well it was put down to the opposition not really having anything to play for.

I can understand where your coming from but that's sport isn't it - we want our own to be the best and be the one hyped up by the masses, i'm confident though that this time next season the talk will be about one man...Cam

People criticize Cam for personality reasons and you say its unfair, then talk poo about someone due to their hair color.

Rooting against people who didn't say anything to our QB or our team is pretty lame, you are rooting against people just because OTHER people say stuff about our QB....whatever makes you happy I guess.

No one has an issue with Wilson, is it because he was an underdog? People still give Wilson more coverage than Cam btw.

It may be petty to hate on the other guys but it is perfectly natural.

We've seen our guy get dragged through the mud for everything known to mankind. Fake smile, towel on head, unpopular at the Pro Bowl, didn't sign an usher's football, doesn't interact with Shula or other players on the sideline, kicks other players/officials without provocation, makes commercials when he should be studying our playbook, doesn't speak well, is too stupid to run a pro offense, celebrates too much, steals balls from other players to give to kids in the stands, isn't accessible enough to local media, holds up team buses, questions his coaches openly, is a poor loser, isn't clutch...what did I miss?

So yeah, I can understand how that causes us to be petty sometimes.

It may be petty to hate on the other guys but it is perfectly natural.

We've seen our guy get dragged through the mud for everything known to mankind. Fake smile, towel on head, unpopular at the Pro Bowl, didn't sign an usher's football, doesn't interact with Shula or other players on the sideline, kicks other players/officials without provocation, makes commercials when he should be studying our playbook, doesn't speak well, is too stupid to run a pro offense, celebrates too much, steals balls from other players to give to kids in the stands, isn't accessible enough to local media, holds up team buses, questions his coaches openly, is a poor loser, isn't clutch...what did I miss?

So yeah, I can understand how that causes us to be petty sometimes.

Sadly this.

Archived