• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ah HAH!

Zod

My buddy Magnus reminded me yesterday that Rivera actually wanted to get Bob Babich from the Bears as his LB Coach when he was first hired but wasn't able to. With the Bears staff currently in flux after Lovie Smith's firing, it's a lot more likely that now he can.

And if he does, I actually think people will be pretty happy.

Yes, Warren Belin did a good job with him his rookie year, but Bob Babich has a really good rep as an assistant. The thought of having the guys who's spent the last several years coaching guys like Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs now coaching Kuechly is one that makes me smile.

Unknown if that really is a driving reason for all this, but that's what happened with Ron Meeks/Steve Wilks. So for me, I'll wait to see who Belin is replaced with before I pass judgment.

There's a bloke i follow in Twitter called 'schottey' - he might be better known amongst you guys than he is in England. Anyway he told me that for a while Rivera has wanted to have more flexibility amongst the DL and providing he picks up well in the draft and FA then he'll look to adopt a 'hybrid front'? Now he lost me completely when he said that but could this possible change in approach be linked with this firing? Perhaps somebody with a similar mindset to RR will be brought in to help with this?

My assumption on the 'hybrid front' was to do with Beason & Keuchly amongst others being able to switch roles quite comfortably - is this something that would be likely to happen or would we stick with Keuchly at MLB and use Beason outside?

There's a bloke i follow in Twitter called 'schottey' - he might be better known amongst you guys than he is in England. Anyway he told me that for a while Rivera has wanted to have more flexibility amongst the DL and providing he picks up well in the draft and FA then he'll look to adopt a 'hybrid front'? Now he lost me completely when he said that but could this possible change in approach be linked with this firing? Perhaps somebody with a similar mindset to RR will be brought in to help with this?

My assumption on the 'hybrid front' was to do with Beason & Keuchly amongst others being able to switch roles quite comfortably - is this something that would be likely to happen or would we stick with Keuchly at MLB and use Beason outside?

Probably means switching between running out of a 4-3 or 3-4 alignment.

To be fair though, we already do that.

This bullshit. Scapegoat after scapegoat.

Ron Meeks, Joe Adams, Hurney, Brian Murphy, Lafell, now Settle, Graves, and Belin. Who's next?

The cancer is Rivera. Damn! And the man just doesn't know.

Please stop your madness!!!!

Joe Adams was NOT a scapegoat. The guy kept fumbling when given the chance. That is benched because of performance.

Go back to Madden.

Archived