• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hue Jackson bandwagon

Blackmagic

yeah .. maybe we can trade all of our draft picks to Oakland for Palmer? amiright?

hell no .. I'd rather have anyone else ... imagine that kind of ridiculous decision making on offense .. he would make Chud look like a stud

File it under desperate times call for desperate measures. The Palmer trade was a byproduct of Campbell going out for the year. Hell, if Campbell never got injured, OAK prolly wins the West in 11 and Jackson is still there

i guess i need to start opening up my mind to this guy.

It's too bad that Norv Turner is going to Cleveland, but Jackson could be good. I think that the o-line needs upgrading to run properly, because the right side is weak run-blocking and passblocking (=everything).

I think that Hue Jackson would be the perfect OC. He's a balanced Coryell disciple and doesn't forget that running the football is essential to win games if you don't have Peyton Manning, Brady or Rodgers (something that Chud realized in the last games).

He as (OC and HC) was 8-8 twice with a bad Oakland team.

Oakland 2010:

10th in total offense.

23th passing (Jason Campbell)

2th running

6th scoring

2011:

9th in total offense

11th passing

7th running

16th scoring

Great call!

Of the 3 most likely candidates Jackson,Shurmur and Shula...He's my favorite.

He was only 8-8 both years but he was the most successful head coach oakland has had since 02.

He has plenty of experience not only as a play caller but he's coached RB'S,WR'S AND QB'S at the college and NFL level.

this is my pick for OC I think he could be a better play caller than Turner or Chud & he's a power run guy the only thing is he'd expect us to sign a stud Run Blocking FB & a Run Blocking TE

We may need a better blocking tight end on the roster, but I believe Tobert can handle blocking. He just wasn't asked to that much. Versatile tight ends are available in the 5 th round. The flashy ones that project to catch 60+ balls are the ones that are gone by the second round.

We may need a better blocking tight end on the roster, but I believe Tobert can handle blocking. He just wasn't asked to that much. Versatile tight ends are available in the 5 th round. The flashy ones that project to catch 60+ balls are the ones that are gone by the second round.

I think Tolbert can handle the blocking duties. He was asked to be more of a tailback in SD than a true fullback.

But Jackson likes to use his fullbacks as receivers and runners as well. Tolbert can be that versatile guy.

I'm a little worried about Olsen though. He may have to bulk up to stay on the field.

Archived