• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person hints that the Panthers have interest in Ken Wisenhunt

Dpantherman

I never understood the idea of "just promote Shula to keep the same offense." If it was that easy why not just promote the O line coach or any offensive coach for that matter if all we are looking for is a body to just call out the same plays?!. I heard Shula was never a great O coordinator anyway. I love how for once we are actually targeting the big fish like Jackson, Whis and a lesser extent Shurmur. Atleast we arent going about this the usual "avoid household name guys at all costs" Panther way and are looking to make a splash for once.

There's a lot to like about Whisenhunt.

For starters, his successful years as the head guy in Arizona really contrasts his succesful years as the Pittsburgh OC.

Says to me he can adapt, and do it successfully.

Not to mention it brings a guy with some HC experience aboard, something Rivera needs.

Why in the hell would Rivera want to bring in a guy who will be his replacement if the panthers start out 0-3 next season?

Rivera's seat is about as hot as it can get. Bringing in Whisenhunt would be pouring gasoline on top of it.

Rivera's seat is hot regardless of who he picks. If he's afraid of getting the boot in the middle of the season, why bother at all?

Archived