• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scouts Advice Bobcats To Trade 2013 Draft Pick

ZB1224

Two longtime scouts who work for teams likely to have a top 10 pick believe that the Charlotte Bobcats should trade their 2013 draft pick, which promises to be a high selection once again.

“I don’t think this is a good draft,” said one scout. “This is the year you should consider trading your draft pick – no matter where it is.”

It appears unlikely that any lottery-bound team in the upcoming draft will find a franchise difference maker.

“The draft lottery was always supposed to be about exceptional players going to the worst teams,” said one of the scouts. “We’ve eroded the concept of ‘exceptional’ – exceptional doesn’t really exist anymore.”

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225570/Scouts_Advice_Bobcats_To_Trade_2013_Draft_Pick

I don't love this draft, but I think that it has some potential in it. I've long been a huge Shabazz fan and I still feel that he will be a star in the league, but while he is dominant scoring the basketball... he averages .8 assists per game and .6 steals per game. He doesn't seem to be the all around player that I thought he was.

How much stock I put into this = zero with a recent example to prove it. Last Feb. New Jersey wanted Gerald Wallace from Portland. They (NJ) listened to their scouts and determined that there were only three players in the summer draft worthy of a top pick (Anthony Davis, MKG & Bradley Beal) so they put a top 3 protection on the draft pick they gave Portland. It wound up being #6. Portland selected Damian Lillard who is slowly walking away with ROTY. I rest my case.

How much stock I put into this = zero with a recent example to prove it. Last Feb. New Jersey wanted Gerald Wallace from Portland. They (NJ) listened to their scouts and determined that there were only three players in the summer draft worthy of a top pick (Anthony Davis, MKG & Bradley Beal) so they put a top 3 protection on the draft pick they gave Portland. It wound up being #6. Portland selected Damian Lillard who is slowly walking away with ROTY. I rest my case.

While you do have a point -- I would argue that scouts are right way more than they are wrong. However with that said -- I really can't see there not being a single star in this draft. It's not a really strong class as far as star power, but it is a deep draft and there are bound to be a few all-stars and a superstar or 2.

Agree 100% with this. A year ago these same scouts were talking up Shabazz Muhammed big time and now they seemed to have cooled on him. I am excited about the Bobcats future. I know they will suck one more year but my hope is that we are two yrs away and have a strong core of

PG: Walker

SG: Draft 12 or 13

SF: MKG

PF: Draft 12 or 13

C: Bismack

* If we go big and want defense we can plug Noel in there or I guess Zeller but I am not a huge can of his.

* If we want to go scorer we can go Shabazz or McClemore(sp?) from kansas

Personally, I would go scorer because I feel like we could get a big in free agency if we cant get one in the draft.

Archived