• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking the NFC South defensive backs

jbland

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-12-44/Ranking-the-NFC-South-defensive-backs.html

1.Chris Gamble, CB, Carolina. Perhaps the only true shutdown corner in the division.

9.Chris Harris, S, Carolina. Not a great cover guy, but he can hit and is one of Carolina's vocal leaders.

I can live with Chris Gamble as number one, but I think Chris Harris is a little low at number 9. I also hope Marshal proves he's a top talent this year.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-12-44/Ranking-the-NFC-South-defensive-backs.html

1.Chris Gamble, CB, Carolina. Perhaps the only true shutdown corner in the division.

9.Chris Harris, S, Carolina. Not a great cover guy, but he can hit and is one of Carolina's vocal leaders.

I can live with Chris Gamble as number one, but I think Chris Harris is a little low at number 9. I also hope Marshal proves he's a top talent this year.

Come on guys, Gamble has never been a shutdown corner.

Come on guys, Gamble has never been a shutdown corner.

A lot of people underestimate Gamble. Don't you ever wonder why opposing QB's stay away from his side of the field? They showed a stat at one point last year that showed how Gamble was thrown at only a fraction of the time as Lucas and Marshal. The guy may not be an elite corner, but he should definitely be regarded as a shutdown corner.

BTW, he will be even better this year when he is actually allowed to play on the line and get physical.

A lot of people underestimate Gamble. Don't you ever wonder why opposing QB's stay away from his side of the field? They showed a stat at one point last year that showed how Gamble was thrown at only a fraction of the time as Lucas and Marshal. The guy may not be an elite corner, but he should definitely be regarded as a shutdown corner.

BTW, he will be even better this year when he is actually allowed to play on the line and get physical.

That statement entirely contradicts itself. Elite corners are SHUTDOWN corners and vice versa.

Gamble IS a shutdown corner. the only WR that did jack squat against him was the otherworldly Fitzgerald

Not true.

SD: Vincent Jackson 3 catches 47 yards and a TD.

CHI: I don't even know who their #1 receiver is

Minny: Bernard Berrian 3 catches for 79 yards

ATL: Roddy White 7 catches 90 yards

KC: Dwayne Bowe 5 catches 57 yards

TB: Bryant 1 catch for 13 yards

NO: Devery Henderson (Colston was out) 3 catches 80 yards

Ariz: Fitz 7 for 115

Oak: Their leading receiver had 22 catches for the season.

DET: Calvin Johnson 6 for 65 and a TD

ATL: White again 4 catches 70 yards

GB: Jennings 8 for 91 and a TD

TB: Bryant 9 for 200 and 2 TDs

DEN: Marshall 5 for 48

NYG: No receiver did much so i don't really know who their #1 receiver was for that time

NO: Colston 7 for 123 and a TD

Overall solid #s but far from shutdown.

Not true.

SD: Vincent Jackson 3 catches 47 yards and a TD.

CHI: I don't even know who their #1 receiver is

Minny: Bernard Berrian 3 catches for 79 yards

ATL: Roddy White 7 catches 90 yards

KC: Dwayne Bowe 5 catches 57 yards

TB: Bryant 1 catch for 13 yards

NO: Devery Henderson (Colston was out) 3 catches 80 yards

Ariz: Fitz 7 for 115

Oak: Their leading receiver had 22 catches for the season.

DET: Calvin Johnson 6 for 65 and a TD

ATL: White again 4 catches 70 yards

GB: Jennings 8 for 91 and a TD

TB: Bryant 9 for 200 and 2 TDs

DEN: Marshall 5 for 48

NYG: No receiver did much so i don't really know who their #1 receiver was for that time

NO: Colston 7 for 123 and a TD

Overall solid #s but far from shutdown.

Our genius D doesn't move Gamble to the best WR. :smash:

Archived