• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Pulse CB Josh Thomas

TheRumGone

dude played extremely well last year given his supposed level of talent and the situations he was forced into. i'm not comfortable with him starting (and i doubt gettleman is either) but i hope he sticks around. we need quality depth and he's a good start.

He's the only decent thing going about our secondary for next year.

DJ Campbell also showed promise. I think both are good to have to simply see where things can go, not necessarily be insta-starters but great for depth. You never though...they could end up really good.

All things considered, I'm fine with him as our CB2 if we make some moves for a new starter and nickel.

The way I see it, Thomas and Dockery are solid backup corners (both are great on coverage). Captain is also a good backup, but has the potential to be one of the better nickels in the league. Norman, if he gets it together, has more potential than all of them and is worth a shot to see if he improves - or he could suck. With that said, if and when Gamble gets cut, we really need an experienced, starting caliber CB, or somehow get a 3rd round pick to draft one (class is pretty deep this year).

meh

I don't see any DB we have as a #1 now that Gamble is suppose to be cut. Can't imagine anyone covering #1 receivers...

Captain will be there but he won't be tall enough...but given what we got him for Captain has done great, but he should not be the starter....really just rotational.

xavier rhodes time...sounds like an xmen superhero lol

Yah I honestly say we take the best CB available at 14 and look at DT in 2nd round, or line. I think if we let Gamble go, and what's on the market for what we can afford besides Sean Smith, our best bet is Best Corner available come 14. Hell Revis was taken at 14 right?

Yah I honestly say we take the best CB available at 14 and look at DT in 2nd round, or line. I think if we let Gamble go, and what's on the market for what we can afford besides Sean Smith, our best bet is Best Corner available come 14. Hell Revis was taken at 14 right?

we have so many holes i dont know what the hell were gonna do. I've come to the conclusion that i would just like to help Cam. Get O-line help and some weapons, whether free agency or draft, were gonna have to mix it up a bit. worry about defense in later rounds. unless of coure someone unreal drops.

Archived